• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"posix" enable?? (to run script installer)

J

JohnBB@

Hello All:

We are using atomicturtle's RPMs for PHP 5.2.12 on several Plesk 9.3 and 8.6 servers (with CentOS 4.7 and 5.4 resp.).

Unfortunately, this PHP configuration comes with the setting: '--disable-posix'
But we need posix enabled in order to run an auto-script installer.
Does anyone know of a way to do this -- other than recompiling PHP ourselves?

Thanks.

John

Not sure that it is possible without recompiling.
BTW, on default Plesk PHP:

# php -i | grep -A5 -B5 posix

pdo_mysql

PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version => 5.0.51a

posix

Revision => $Revision: 1.70.2.3.2.16 $

Reflection

This is not really helpful. You are saying it is not possible?
The ORIGINAL Plesk install that you refer to .... for years now, it is always far behind with PHP (and other packages), that's why so many people use atomicturtles RPMs. Nobody wants to be behind the times.

Can you maybe tell me WHERE on this forums there is a good HOW-TO guide on how to recompiel Apche/PHP?

John

You can just run 'php -i' and found ./configure compilation options like:

Configure Command => './configure' '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/file/magic.mime' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-system-tzdata' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-ncurses=shared' '--with-gd=shared' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-mysqli=shared,/usr/lib64/mysql/mysql_config' '--enable-dom=shared' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--enable-soap=shared' '--with-xsl=shared,/usr' '--enable-xmlreader=shared' '--enable-xmlwriter=shared' '--enable-fastcgi' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,/usr/lib64/mysql/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared,/usr' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--enable-dbase=shared'

Then download source of PHP and use it for compilation and add own necessary options.

./configure --.......
make
make install

Scott (atomicturtle.com) was so very kind to email us the solution.
If the atomicturtle PHP RPM is installed, then one can only issue this command:
yum install php-process
to install the package "php-process" -- and restart Apache. That does the trick!
Thanks Scott!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Frank,

I assuming this script installer you are trying to get working is "Softaculous"?

If so, I was having the same problem so followed your advice however when trying to access the scripts as the user, I just get the error:

ERROR IN SHIFTING TO USER LEVEL

Do you have any idea how to get it working?

Thanks

Back