• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

possible bug - inserting image with link

burnley

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I just had a customer using sitebuilder 4.5.5 saying that when they insert an image into the body of their site and then click the image tab (before clicking ok). They then trying to set the url link to another image (pick any target you like) and then click ok. Only nothing happens.

I can reproduce this as follows:

1) at step 4 click the 'insert image' icon in the tool bar (yellow postage stamp thing on bottom line.
2) click browse server and upload both images you will be using into the image library on the server.
3) click on the image you wish to appear in the body of the text and it will take you back to the image preview, where you can specify the alternative text and also set the height and width required and the like.
4) click the 'link' tab up the top.
5) click browse server which is to the right of the URL box.
6) in the upper left corner you will see 'Resource type', change this to 'image' and then click on the second image you wish displayed when someone clicks the image and then click 'ok'.
7) set the target options or leave blank, it made no difference for me.
8) click ok... and nothing happens. No error no nothing. I've left it there for several minutes and no joy.

If I remove the link and set the target data field blank and then click ok it saves the image as per normal. I can then right click on the image and get 'image properties' up and go in click on the link tab and set it exactly the same and it will work this time.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Regards,

Chris

I tried the steps you described and after step 8) I can see that Image Inserting windows is not closed but image itself was inserted into site page. I closed Insert Image window and I have checked the preview for the site and verified that when I click on inserted image it displays me second image as I configured.
Could you try this? Let me know about the results.

Hi Dimitry,

Yes what you are saying is correct, if I close the window using the x in the upper right hand corner. Unfortunately many customers don't think of this and end up clicking cancell...

Chris

Back