• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

postfix greylisting queue error

D

dl2rbi

Because I received troubles with greylisting feature, I updated PLESK from 9.2.3 to version 9.3 with no installation errors.
In /var/log/messages I noticed the known errors with the new PLESK version, too.

greylisting filter[24779]: Starting greylisting filter...
before-queue[24774]: handlers_stderr: DEFER
before-queue[24774]: call_handlers: DEFER during call '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/05-grey-4fA011/executable' handler
before-queue[24774]: call_handlers: stop call handlers from dir '/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue/global'
before-remote[24776]: Lost connection
before-remote[24776]: Some error occured
postfix/smtpd[24777]: lost connection after DATA (0 bytes) from unknown[127.0.0.1]
postfix/smtpd[24777]: disconnect from unknown[127.0.0.1]
postfix/spawn[24775]: warning: command /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/postfix-queue exit status 255

Any idea to fix this error of greylisting feature ?

werner

Developers have informed that it's not bug. It's CORRECT working of greylistinfg feature. See also: http://www.greylisting.org for get complete information. Unfortunately we can't to write correct explanation to remote server in SMTP session because it is require full API rewriting.

Thank you for quick answer. Is it possible to remove error messages and warnings in /var/log/messages and /var/log/mail.err in future releases ?

/var/log/mail.err

before-queue[24774]: call_handlers: stop call handlers from dir '/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue/global'
before-queue[25004]: Processing handlers...

werner

Thank you for quick answer. Is it possible to remove error messages and warnings in /var/log/messages and /var/log/mail.err in future releases ?

/var/log/mail.err

before-queue[25004]: Processing handlers...

werner

As I remember, errors and warnings in system logs can be configured with syslogd settings.

Thank you for quick answer. Is it possible to remove error messages and warnings in /var/log/messages and /var/log/mail.err in future releases ?...

This is good advice. Plesk's Qmail should log into the proper location by default.

1. SPF warnings should not report fail.

2. Qmail should use Multilog not Syslog as per the Plesk implementation. Parallel's should modify their product to use Multilog by default. Apparently you will break plesk if you try to recompile Plesk's Qmail with Multilog. But Multilog is used to keep good statistics, e.g. qmailmrtg uses Multilog. If Plesk included qmailmrtg many Plesk owners would be much happier. For now we live in the dark.

3. Warnings should go into the mail.warn file, not the main.info file.

I hope Parallels will keep on improving their product.

Thank you. I have forwarded your suggestions as feature request to development team. I hope it will be implemented in the one of Plesk releases soon.

Back