• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix query

S

steogede

I have a query regarding Postfix in Plesk 9. Does anyone know where Postfix stores mail?

Actually, more importantly, is the location Postfix stores mail dependent on Plesk or the distribution?

I am using (currently openSUSE 10.2 (though I might upgrade to 11, before upgrading Plesk))? I noticed that Qmail is a Plesk package (i.e. psa-qmail...), where as Postfix is not, and I know how SUSE like to arrange their directories differently to other distros (infact, I quite like the way their '/srv/' and '/opt/' directories work).

I am considering installing Plesk 9, primarily for Postfix and ATmail (though after reading the forums it looks like a bad idea, at least until 9.3). The problem is that my '/var/' partition is quite small with larger partitions for '/var/qmail/' and '/var/log/'. Presumably Postfix doesn't store mail in '/var/qmail/' and it would be nice to know, before I start, where Postfix is going to put mail.

Welll, I upgraded to Plesk 9 (on CentOS this time). Turns out that when running Postfix the mail is still stored in '/var/qmail/'.

Back