• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix

B

bbendix

Hello,

When does Postfix will work with Plesk?

Bye
Bjoern

I't's on the roadmap for Plesk 9 wich will be released this year

Being new to Plesk, I was actually quite surprised that it didn't support Postfix. What I'd like to know is how easy migration will be if I start out with qmail now. Do the swsoft folk reply on these forums???

Cheers!

I'd actually like to see sendmail and postfix supported. There's really no reason to leave sendmail out of the loop.

"'It's on the roadmap for Plesk 9 wich will be released this year"

Thats a joke right?

If you are new to plesk you will see that we requested Postfix since year 2006.

They said since Plesk 7.5 it would have Postfix support.

Same goes for ClamAV.

Dont expect to have Postfix or other free software with Plesk like ClamAv. Its all about money now. And open source software is not good business.

You will not see PostFix in Plesk 9 or 10. Not as well Clamav or other free antivirus since for that you have Dr.Web or Kaspersky both paid since they are Sw Soft Partners.

If you have not heard Plesk will have an end of life pretty soon.

At the least the linux version. They are focusing know on Windows servers.

Plesk 9 will be the last release for Plesk.

It will then merge to a knew panel that works only with Virtuozzo.

If you guys arent using Virtuozzo you will be screwed since the main interested is know to sell the virtualization software.

Why do think there is a big Advertising of Virtuozzo on your Plesk panels?

People complained allot about that and Sw Soft said they would remove it in the next version. 2 Version passed and the AD is still here. Another lie.

Also if you buy a VPS account it comes basically with Plesk for free. The Plesk license owned that costs 1200$ comes for pennies if you use Virtuozzo.

I dont know understand how you guys did not figured that out yet.

They dont have interested:
On linux servers enviroments anymore
Control panel of software that doesnt use Virtuozzo as base.

99% of SW Soft products are tighty integrated with Virtuozzo. Same goes for plesk. They want to make money on a Per account license. If you buy a 1200$ and host 1000 clients its not money for SW Soft you paid then only 1200$.

For VPS the story is another you pay a monthly fee based each VPS. 1000 clients. 1000 licenses. You all see know? This is where money is. They will tax per each one of the customers a company may have. This way they would tax the whole hosting world that had the bad luck to use Sw Soft products.

This a fact. Just google hosting plans that have Virtuozzo or Plesk. They are all more expensive that other companies that use other softwares. And that doesnt mean necesarry quality since you all see the lack of support and developing there is here in Parallels.

Gentlemen,

Plesk team is aware that Postfix is highly demanded feature and they really think to release it this year, though I am not sure yet which release number it would be - Plesk 8.x or Plesk 9. Plesk uses QMail from the very beginning and it is not easy to switch to Postfix, that is probably the main reason why Postfix support was not done yet. Another reason is that it was wrongly assumed by us for a long time that QMail is better for people. Now we know that we were wrong.

Plesk has no plans to drop Unix version. At least I've never heard such. We will keep releasing both - Unix and Windows versions. Really last time Windows version was delivering more features than Unix one, that was not because of business decision, we just paid not enough attention to development resources balance.

Though Virtuozzo is really important point for Plesk, Plesk team has no plans to drop regular (non-Virtuozzo) releases. We keep releasing both - regular and Virtuozzo versions. That would probably happen in a distant future when all our customers will choose Virtuozzo, but not today definitely.

And I am not sure where you got information that Plesk 9 would be the last release, but in our current development plans it is not going to be the last.

Probably we paid not enough attention to the forum, but I think it would change soon.

Sincerely yours

Gentlemen,

Plesk team is aware that Postfix is highly demanded feature and they really think to release it this year, though I am not sure yet which release number it would be - Plesk 8.x or Plesk 9. Plesk uses QMail from the very beginning and it is not easy to switch to Postfix, that is probably the main reason why Postfix support was not done yet. Another reason is that it was wrongly assumed by us for a long time that QMail is better for people. Now we know that we were wrong.

Probably we paid not enough attention to the forum, but I think it would change soon.

@grau first i like to say, thanks for answer but on the end of the day actions speak louder than words, so we will see whats going on....

with best regards
Brujo

Plesk team is aware that Postfix is highly demanded feature and they really think to release it this year,

duke nukem forever at least has official announcements ;)

sorry, but this forum post of Yours is worth nothing, i'll continue to recommend against using plesk for everybody who cares about spam.

This is the first time i see a reply in the forums from someone from Plesk in 2 years. This shocked me. At least someone that explains something, me all users im sure they appreciate this. Its good to hear someone from the companies side.

Yes, that would be a good option. And you still can move from Confixx to Plesk later as there is migration available.

Back