1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Postgres 8 and Plesk 7.5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JustBen, Apr 18, 2005.

1. JustBen

JustBen Guest

I upgraded postgres using the latest RPM's to version 8.02.

Now when I try to start postgres from the plesk service control panel I get this error "0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:19 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Not supported PostgreSQL version is installed.")" Will Plesk suport postgres 8 in the near future or do I have to downgrade to an older version?

2. ryanz

ryanz Basic Pleskian

73%
    I have a similar problem but it's with PostgreSQL version 7.3.4 on RH9

ERROR
    Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Unable to start PostgreSQL. 1
    0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:19 psaerror(string "Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by pg_manage: Unable to start PostgreSQL. 1")

When looking at /var/log/messages I get:

Apr 22 16:39:15 su(pam_unix)[32084]: session opened for user postgres by (uid=0)
    Apr 22 16:39:15 su(pam_unix)[32084]: session closed for user postgres
    Apr 22 16:39:16 postgresql: Starting postgresql service: failed

Have you managed to sort yours out?

3. JustBen

JustBen Guest

no I downgraded to 7.4.7 and everyting works again. I wish they would support 8 but so such luck.

4. ryanz

ryanz Basic Pleskian

73%
    Please tell me what you did to reinstall as I can't seem to get my install working.

What packages did you install and where did you download from?

I'm on RH9, Plesk 7.5.2

5. JustBen

JustBen Guest

RPM uninstall

I loged in via ssh and did a SU to root and uninstalled all of the postgress rpms after that I downloaded the 7.4 rpms and installed them after that everything was working again

6. ryanz

ryanz Basic Pleskian

73%
    I used yum, and postgresql works fine now.
    Just one problem, 4PSA Total Backup did not save the pgsql database details/data in the dump file.