1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

PostgreSQL Plesk 7.5 Addon

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by golloween, May 26, 2005.

1. golloween

golloween Guest

Which version of PostgreSQL is installed with the corresponding Plesk 7.5 addon ($49)?

2. poke

poke Guest

I'm using the PGSQL addon and use server version 7.3.9-2 .... I'm on ES 3 and use up2date to update the PostgreSQL server, not swsoft's build. I did however notice they had some builds for virtuozzo but don't remember their versions.

Hope this help,
    poke

I use Red Hat's PGSQL...... BTW

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

You're not limited to the SWsoft issued release, you should be able to use any 7.x release of pgSQL.

4. golloween

golloween Guest

Cranky -- yes, I can install it myself or use RedHat's version, but I thought it would be nice to be able to manage it from Plesk directly. Plus, the Plesk backup utility (psadump) will include my PostgreSQL bases into backups.

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

If you install redhat's version it will work and Plesk can control it ... just you can't install the RPM via the Plesk interface. Plesk will find the redhat version and manage it for you, and psadump will backup databases.

6. golloween

golloween Guest

Thanks Cranky -- sounds good.