• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvalics

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
We just finished Power Toys 3.1.

Can be downloaded from http://www.grafxsoftware.com/util/installer.sh

- Will work only in PLESK 7.1.x (maybe in 7.0.x, not tested) and laters (tested in PLESK 7.5.x as well)
- We have tested under Fedora (I think same is for RedHat), we cannot guarantee under FreeBSD, but users say that is OK.

For more info, reffrer to http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19646

CHANGE LOG in 3.1 since 3.0:
- Several bugs fixed in mail sending in "Password Revealer"
- Settings added in Password revealer, for editing mail template.
- Fixed some rights on files, after install/upgrade

Is it possible, in the nect release, to add the (CLIENT) tag for the password reminder template?

To do what?
To get CLIENT NAME?

Tell me what you need and is easy to me to add, then you can or not to use it.

Any ideea, just drop it here.

Basically, yeah. So that I can call up the name of the domain's owner (user listed in the Clients area).

Power Toys 3.2 was posted. URL is the same.
Please keep 3.1 or 3.0 if you are on PLESK 7.1.x because it was changed Database in 7.5 so we tried to keep compatibility on 3.2 but we cannot test it because we upgradd all servers to 7.5.x

What is new
- fixed javascript bug
- fixed in PLESK 7.5 database showing in password reveal
- other cosmetics was made
- WHOIS was added.

Has anyone tried 3.2 on Plesk Reloaded 7.1.6 ? I'm on FreeBSD.. so if it's been used on FreeBSD that's even better..

--Matthew

If someone successfully use it on PLESK 7.1.x please drop a line here to know that is all ok.

I have installed PowerToys 3.2 on Plesk 7.1.6 and here is my feedback:

1. Password revealer seems to work very good. I sent myself an email and it arrived, containing all the correct info. I did not try the Template changer, but it loaded without an error.
2. Email Subject Changer loaded. I did not use it beyond this point.
3. Custom DNS loaded and was able to retrieve the current settings for a domain. I did not use it beyond this point.
4. Check Domains seems broken. When you load it, it only provides 1 entry:
{DOMAIN} {STATUS}
nothing more.
5. MySQL Remote Admin User Manager loaded. I did not use it beyond this point.
6. Whois loaded. I was able to do a WHOIS lookup on domains that support the WHOIS service.

Overall, I must congratulate you with this plugin for Plesk. I hope that I will be able to add to future versions.

Personally I'm not very good on how to setup the fstab, I will ask on 3-rd anuary my Linux guy what he suggest.

Hummm works under FreeBSD ?!?!

Besides the install process drop some small problem ( ls or something easy to repair ) the only thing I saw is the cooll Icon .

Fbsd 4.9
Plesk 7.1.5

:(

Where can I get version 3.1? Your link goes to 3.2. I got 3.2 installed on my Plesk 7.1.4 setup, but the links don't seem to do anything once I click on them inside of Plesk. No pages open.

David

Can I get a clear response as to the current version number? I know that the installer and the upgrader are both stored under 3.1, but is that the current release, or is it 3.2 as previously stated by another user in this post?

Originally posted by Who-m3
Can I get a clear response as to the current version number?

I was asking for the version number, not a URL to download. I'm curious as to the version you're currently providing. The main post says (obviously) 3.1, but other posts in this say 3.2. I was asking for clarification as to what the current version was (i.e. is it 3.1 or 3.2, or is it even 3.3)..

THX

Hi,

Just wanted to thank for that nice Power Toy, handy stuff !

Report tested MYSQL Remote with mySQLFront:

On selection "direct connection" --> refused
On selection "tunneling via .php script" --> success

Saw in the database instead that User xxxxx (made by Toy) has access only from server main IP address, so that's the reason why a % access is not provided. Maybe a selection "connection type" could be a solution in Power Toys ?
Also a kind of "timer" would be great, in case I've forgot to delete this access account, after using. (alternative a reminder which sends an e-mail to root@localhost, 1 hour after creation) Because it's a dangerous thing leaving this "open".

An other handsome tool would be for the Plesk mailmanagement. After several updates last year and migrations this year I see that almost everytime the mailboxes where more or less missconfigurated. This is a hard job to go into every domain to select all and to "group operate" all the accounts to for example "quota unlimited" or to "activate spam".

Other suggestion is the same thing for the DNS configurations. To insert a record into all domains DNS, I have to visit each Domain...

Kind Regards,
thx
Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back