• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.7 released

lvalics

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
What is new?

- We renamed psapt3 folder into powertoys folder. This was a must regarding that in Virtuozzo and new PLESK instalations (fresh instalations) there is a redirect rule and all folders with psa in names was redirected.
So now the good news is that will work in Virtuozzo enviroment.

- Compatibility with PLESK 7.5.4 and PHP5

- Fixed in installer to insert into /etc/named.conf our PATH, it was a quot problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did not tested yet on servers with new PATH install, included in PLESK 7.5.4. This can be affect (if not work) only VHOST.CONF writer, please report it if you find problems.

New version can be downloaded from http://www.pleskaddons.com/orders/

Will require to Add to cart, even if is with value 0USD, then login into new account (or existing) and in license part, you will have the download button.
We require this steps because we want to announce every new release through mail not on forum, in this way people will not lose a release if not follow the forum topics.

I have downloaded the new version and installed by SSH. Now I have no link in the control panel. I am running RH9 and 7.5.4 and upgraded from Power Toys 3.6 to 3.7.

What did I do wrong?

PSAPT3 folder was changed in POWERTOYS, we change some things in database, but should work OK, on servers tested worked OK.
Try to see in Buttons if is there, if now, add Power Toys button with path /powertoys/index.php, should work.
If is there, then you need to reload PLESK to made changes.
Also did you have done an upgrade when was asked or clean install?

Strange, after restarting Plesk still the button was missing. A little while later it just appeared. All seems well now - go figure.

Can be cache ...

Good news for FreeBSD, we are working on it to be compatible with this OS.

No Problems on FC2

Upgraded from 3.4 to 3.7 on two servers with FC2, no troubles at all !

:)

THX
Bart

Does the vhost option overwrite the current vhosts file (so the current information will be lost)?
I have not installed PT at the moment on the servers.

last time i tried power tools and i lost all the sites data due to the messed up named.conf file.

tools are great, but i dont want to be in deep trouble on my servers with now minimum 60 sites on each.

tell me what worst can happen?

Triloxigen: Does the vhost option overwrite the current vhosts file (so the current information will be lost)?

Will show your current vhost.conf data and you just add to it, so will not lost any data.

ChipMonk: last time i tried power tools and i lost all the sites data due to the messed up named.conf file

Is wrong what you say, you cannot lost data, all what happened is that named not restarted and lost zone configuration for a period. NO DATA was affected, I'm sure about this.

Originally posted by lvalics
Will show your current vhost.conf data and you just add to it, so will not lost any data.

Is wrong what you say, you cannot lost data, all what happened is that named not restarted and lost zone configuration for a period. NO DATA was affected, I'm sure about this.

you are right, data wasnt lost in first hand, but due to my inability for fixing the trouble, ultimately i had no choice but to re-install everything again, and i lost 90.00 dollars for that re-installing and resetting problem.

I really like this one (and i am using your other software on my some sites) but still scared :p

i have FC2, with plesk 7.5.4

We like Scary Movies, so ...

Really, Power Toys cannot harm to the system, even if broke let's say named.conf.
Cannot delete anything, not change essential data.

Originally posted by lvalics
We like Scary Movies, so ...

Really, Power Toys cannot harm to the system, even if broke let's say named.conf.
Cannot delete anything, not change essential data.

okay, i m going to check it out.

one last question, on uninstalling it, will it restore last setting? or will simply remove the script?

one more thing, it supports how many domains? i have unlimtted licnese for domains.

Originally posted by ChipMonk
one more thing, it supports how many domains? i have unlimtted licnese for domains.

It is just free and it don't care how many domains you use. :)

Uninstall will unload our script, will not remove changes.

Is FREE for almost unlimited domains, for unlimited is 0.000001USD :)))))))) is a FREE addon.

BUT if you want to pay for something, we suggest to check out Search Engine Optimization Tools for PLESK :))

Originally posted by Triloxigen
It is just free and it don't care how many domains you use. :)

actually on site, its mentioned 99 USD extra addon for 100 domains. that is what confused me.

well, done, but when i download the file, it says file is either currupted or is of unknown formate, and is not extracted.

i am getting a 95.9 kb zip file. with name psapt3.zip

please check out.

I just tried and is not corrupted ... I can open it and extract the shell file.

well, problem was in the downlaoder of FireFox, i tried through IE and it worked, but the installation failed saying a very long error report (it was too big to be on screen).

hope nothing will go wrong.

Back