• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Prevent Plesk from overwriting custom rcpthosts file

C

CreepieDeCrappe

I made some customizations to my rcpthosts file via SSH but Plesk overwrites it each time a new domain is added via the control panel. Is there anyway to tell Plesk (or maybe qmail) to use the rcpthosts file and and also use an additional file as an "add-on" configuration? I'm thinking in terms of the default httpd.conf file and then each domain's specific vhost.conf file that allows for manual tweaking of the Apache configuration. Maybe there's something like this for qmail?

Many TIA for any assistance!

Yes, the data in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains are written according the configuration in Plesk. You can add something there by creating the mailbox or domain with mailbox in Plesk CP. What for it's necessary to add something manually? If you need to remove some domain, just disable the mail function in Plesk CP and the domain will be removed from rcpthosts.
To answer your question - no, there's nothing like "Include" or "vhost.conf" exists for Qmail (AFAIK).

Thanks for the reply and help! It looks like I'll have to create the domains I want to add to my rcpthosts file in the Plesk CP. The only issue is that these domains are hosted on another server so they will be "dummy" configurations on this particular server. I'll try it and if it doesn't work I'll post back here.

The reason I need to customize my rcpthosts file is because I built an email marketing application and am sending emails from a domain that is not hosted on the server which is hosting the email app itself.

What you want is to add them to a file called morercpthosts which isn't touched by plesk.

morercpthosts
Extra allowed RCPT domains. If rcpthosts and morercpthosts both exist, morercpthosts is effectively appended to rcpthosts.
You must run qmail-newmrh whenever morercpthosts changes.

Faris.

Looks like it's working

Thanks for the tip and information about the morercpthosts file. I just tried it and it seems to be working great! This is exactly the solution I was looking for, many thanks again.

Back