• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem connecting online

E

ecja

Hello, after install plesk on Fedora 5 server I cannot reach it from the outside. I can ping the IP and SSH to it from outside, but will not work through the browser.

It works well inside, and can browser the internet, but cannot be reach from outside except through SSH.

JC

if you have plesk firewall make sure it has www enabled. If you use apf or iptables make sure those are configured to allow port 80 traffic in.

Hello,
the plesk firewall is ok,
may be you can help me with apf or iptables? The server is a Plesk 8.2 for Linux

JC.

if you have apf
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/apf -f

if you have iptables
Code:
/sbin/iptables -F
/sbin/service iptables stop

it is possible to have both, however apf typically doesnt come standard in a default OS install (unless your provider gives it as a package/template) and you have to add it manualy - if you dont remember adding any firewall products its most likely you dont have any except iptables (which is default for most OS versions).

This is the output:
[root@ns4 ~]# /sbin/service iptables stop
Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ]
Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter [ OK ]
Unloading iptables modules: [ OK ]
[

When start it there is no output.

I did not adding any firewall products.

I put the server into colocation and its still the same.
I cannot understand it, the NameServer works find, it just cannot be reach from outside except with SSH.

JC

Thanks, its working now, it seems
this does it:

This is the output:
[root@ns4 ~]# /sbin/service iptables stop
Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ]
Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter [ OK ]
Unloading iptables modules: [ OK ]

Thanks again.
JC

and remember, guys, port 8443 should be opened for Plesk panel;)

Back