• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem creating FrontPage users

R

rimonline

I'm bringing a new client up on a new Plesk 7 Win2k3 server and they use Microsoft Frontpage. The client keeps getting an error while trying to create new FrontPage accounts in Frontpage Webadmin. The error is:

The user 'WWW1\<client username>' is not authorized to execute the 'Create Accounts' method.

That user is set up as FrontPage administer for that domain so I'm not sure why this error is happening.

Can someone help out?

Thanks,

Scott MacDonald
Regional Internet Media Inc.

Well, incase anyone is interested I solved this problem and another that popped up afterwards.

To solve the first, open up your Sharepoint Administrator Webpage that lists all the domains and allows you to "extend" Front Page Server Extensions to a domain. One of the first links will be something like "Set list of available rights", click that. Then if your screen looks like mine did then you'll see only one check box not checked which is under "Web Administration" . Putting a check box in the "Create Accounts" line fixed my problem.

The next problem I ran into was the fact that the Front Page Server extensions had defaulted to only allowing 1 more user being added and kept erroring back at me with a message about user quota limits. If you run into that, go into the server administration for the domain you are trying to solve the problem for (still in the Frontpage Sharepoint Web interface) which should be called "Virtual Server Administration" and click the link at the top named "Configure User Account Limits", and you will see what to do next.

Cheers,

Scott MacDonald
Regional Internet Media Inc.

Back