• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem Remove Domains (after migration)

matt.simpson

Basic Pleskian
I just did what I thought was a fairly successful migration from Plesk 7.5.4 to Plesk 8.2 and today I had a problem with deleting a domain.

When I click and confirm that I wish to delete a domain as the user who owns it I get the following error:

Error: Unable to remove domains: Access denied: Management of parent node is forbidden

This has happened across multiple clients, but only when they delete the domains as the client themselves. If I'm logged in as "admin" I don't get the error.

Best Regards,
Matt Simpson

Nope. I got nothing. I don't have a support contract and I don't feel like paying SWSoft $100USD to figure out what their problem is ;)

I'm all ears though is someone else hears something.

~Matt Simpson

Well even with the error it *DOES* seem to delete the domain. Very strange. I'm surprised more people are not experiencing it.

Matt,

We got this escalated up through PLESK and their response was that this is definitely a bug and it's in the GUI, it's a purely visual bug but does not impact the delete function that spawns it. They are working on an update to the GUI which will be put out through an update using the Updater.

Just wanted to let you know what we found out.

Thanks,
jjsba

Hey,

Thank-you very much for letting me know, that's great. I had hoped that it was simply a visual bug ;)

Best Regards,
Matt Simpson

Hi,

I'm not sure that this is only visual bug - I delete a domain, then I try to create it again and PLESK say "Error: Domain [DOMAINNAME] already exists". No migrate.

Can you help me, it's urgent.

Kind regards

Back