• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

problem web creating subdomain

MohammadrezaH

New Pleskian
hi all

i have a problem with my plesk v11, when i create a new subdomain and upload my asp.net application to that and make a request to view my web page it get Server Error 401 :

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

but my main web site have not any problem and works fine,

my changes that didn't work :

1) change in web.config file :

<authentication mode="None">
</authentication>

2) change in web config file :

<authorization>
<allow users="?"/>
</authorization>

---------------------------------
another question that i have is this happens because the Plesk's default permission assigning to the main domain so the users can view content without problem, but the permission isnt assign to the created subdomains ?
if this is the problem, how can i fix it so my users can see the content with our Windows Authentication or Forms authentication or anythink else ?

this is my domain name : www.senatex.ir
and this is my sub domain : nerkh.senatex.ir

also paralles default host files not have any problems, for example : content.senatex.ir

thanks a lot...

It seems to be IIS authentication issue. GO to iis >> authentication and check if anonymous authentication is enable.

Back