• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with autoinstaller upgrade from plesk for linux 7.5.4 to 8.1

S

soteros

Am trying to upgrade plesk for linux from 7.5.4 to 8.1 using autoinstaller from the command line on an RHEL4 box.

Upgrade failed with following error: -

#####################################################################
Unresolved dependency: necessary package psa-8.1.0-rhel4.build81061129.22.i586 have older version psa-7.5.4-rhel4.build75050824.12.i586. After upgrade we will have the dependency 'psa = 7.5.4' of package psa-hotfix8-7.5.4-rhel4.build75060617.18.i586 is unresolved, add to removable list psa-hotfix8
ERROR: Impossible do installation while package psa-hotfix8-7.5.4-rhel4.build75060617.18.i586 is installed in system
Errors just before:
- Trying to find direct hardwired dependencies for package psa-8.1.0-rhel4.build81061129.22.i586
- Check for need upgrade of psa-hotfix8-7.5.4-rhel4.build75060617.18.i586 with upgrade of psa-7.5.4-rhel4.build75050824.12.i586 wich needs to install psa-8.1.0-rhel4.build81061129.22.i586
- Unresolved dependency: necessary package psa-8.1.0-rhel4.build81061129.22.i586 have older version psa-7.5.4-rhel4.build75050824.12.i586. After upgrade we will have the dependency 'psa = 7.5.4' of package psa-hotfix8-7.5.4-rhel4.build75060617.18.i586 is unresolved, add to removable list psa-hotfix8
- Find remove mode solution for package psa-hotfix8-7.5.4-rhel4.build75060617.18.i586

ProductInf3FileGuard: check md5 in end of installation
ProductInf3FileGuard: md5sum of build inf3 was not changed from begin of installation.
catch error with message: Installation failed
ERROR: Installation failed
Check SElinux status after error:
Execute command getenforce
Disabled
Exit with ERROR status
#####################################################################

Anyone else seen this and/or knows how to remove psa-hotfix* package?

Hello,

try to run :

rpm -qa | grep hotfix8
rpm -e hotfixpackagename

Then try to run the autoinstaller.

You could however get the rpm.tar.gz package and make a manual install.
(make the necessary backups first)

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I tried a manual upgrade using the rpm tar ball before trying the autoinstaller. Had to install the psa-api, psa-php-configurator, php-domxml and php-mbstring but the upgrade failed with a lot of messages about conflicts between psa-7.5.4-rhel4 builds and psa-8.1-rhel4 builds. After the aborted upgrade attempt I couldn't log in via the web-based control panel until I removed php-domxml and php-mbstring and rebooted the whole system.

Have tried removing psa-hotfix8 but then got same message about psa-hotfix5. When I tried to remove psa-hotfix 5 got messages about it being needed by psa-hotfix6 and psa-hotfix7. Does this mean I need to remove all psa-hotfixes?

HEllo,

The conflicts between psa 7.5.4 and plesk 8 are not inetresting. You can force that because it will be updateted anyway.

Thanks,

Perhaps the conflicts I got with the attempted manual upgrade are also due to the uninstalled hotfixes for psa-7.5.4?

Would the command to force the upgrade procedure be rpm -i --force etc.?

Hi,

rpm -Uvh .... --force

This should be it.

You should remember that every plesk can be restored if you have the home dir, mysql , the password files and the qmail folders.
And of course the plesk key.--If I remember correctly you will have to have a new plesk key when upgrading from 7.xx to 8.xx.

Thanks for your help and advice, I now have a functioning Plesk 8.1 server which seems to be running without any problems on an RHEL4 system.

Had to manually upgrade from 7.5.4 to 8.0.1 first because couldn't find the rpm package for "psa-php4-configurator" in the empty third party rpm directory contained in the rpm tar ball which I downloaded from the SWSoft web site.

After a successful manual upgrade (rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps etc.) to 8.0.1 I tried to do a manual upgrade to 8.1 but got an error message that awstats was needed. Again couldn't find an rpm package for awstats either in the tar ball package downloaded from SWSoft or the RedHat up2date server. Maybe a --nodeps flag in the rpm upgrade command would deal with this but I before risking that I tried to upgrade from the control panel which proved successful.

I now just need to re-install the qmail greylisting patches which were lost during the upgrade and everything should be fine.

Maybe I'm stupid but why is the third party rpm directory in the plesk 8.1 for rhel4 tar ball empty? There is an instruction on how to install the third party java packages in the release notes but I couldn't work out if there is also some similar command for obtaining any of the other third party packages.

Back