• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with migration manager on Plesk under Debian

C

covici

Hi. I have installed Debian on a slave drive of my system and Plesk under it. Now it says migration manager is installed, but the button is still disabled. Have I done something wrong -- I am sure my key is OK.

Now what I would actually like to do is (if this is possible) is to migrate from the system on my other drive to the Debian version on the slave drive. If this is not possible what would be the best way to do this -- I have an older version of the system on another server, but not all the files are there.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Originally posted by covici
Hi. I have installed Debian on a slave drive of my system and Plesk under it. Now it says migration manager is installed, but the button is still disabled. Have I done something wrong -- I am sure my key is OK.

yeah, support said it's the problem with first Debian version of Plesk. You should run /opt/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng manually after installing any plesk package _after_ installing plesk itself.

Thanks much -- I will try that. Now what is the best way to migrate from the Plesk on the main drive which is Fedora Core 2 to the Debian version? Or is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Originally posted by covici
Thanks much -- I will try that. Now what is the best way to migrate from the Plesk on the main drive which is Fedora Core 2 to the Debian version? Or is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Just use migration manager. I assume you have two boxes and want to migrate data from one to the another?

Back