• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with qmail. Relaylock lock's good senders

D

delfinho

dear ... users and admins

please, for the first sorry for my english

i have a problem.
i was install a FreeBSD 6.1, Plesk 8.2.1

mail (qmail) work good, but last time relaylock ... stay LOCK ... good hosts. for example, office with workers ...

it is write to log file ....
Dec 4 11:50:23 server relaylock: /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 92.112.92.58:11501 (58-92-112-92.pool.ukrtel.net)
for example ... but this host 92.112.92.58:11501 (58-92-112-92.pool.ukrtel.net) is good and i need to work with it.

where i can add manually, host ... for thay dont be locked never ...

thank you. wait for answer

I don't have the answer as I just plan to install and use qmail... ;-) As I ddon't actually know Plesk in depth... I am a little bit afraid of messing things up in my config, should I care for something specific during qmail install ? (using standard tuto...) I run Debian etch (4.0) and Plesk 8.2.1 , multi users, multi domaines , multi subdomains..... is qmail <-> Plesk a piece of cake or requiring any conf modifs ? thanks .. once installed maybe I'll have also your problem.. so we will 2 to try solving it...

erwin

That log message is not indicating any problem. There is nothing special you need to configure, Plesk sets up everything for you.

thanks I just discovered it after Googling some forums...
Plesk runs QMail .. fine, but I have 2 problems with it.. :
1- all mails I am sending from a domain are considered as 'spam' by receiving boxes...
2- I tried to send email from my app (Rails) via smtp (configured as authenticated in Plesk admin) but nothing sent...
in both cases , I don't know where to start looking in Plesk (went to /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog)

1- all mails I am sending from a domain are considered as 'spam' by receiving boxes...

People administrating those receiving boxes should be able to tell you why.

2- I tried to send email from my app (Rails) via smtp (configured as authenticated in Plesk admin) but nothing sent...

If nothing shows up in your maillog, then the message never reached your local mailserver. You should be able to use the local sendmail interface as well as SMTP. I have no experience with sending mail from a Ruby on Rails app, so I can't help you there.

well, on point 2, I got a line written into the Plesk mail.log (/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog) , after sending a mail from the application....

sd-3999 relaylock: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 127.0.0.1:49705 (localhost)

which 'should' mean that the mail was sent fro rely to my sd-3999 server box mail system (exim4 by default... )
If I understand Plesk, sending a mail via Webmail- Horde use Plesk QMail, and sending a mail from my rails-app is relayedd by my server box mail system... this is why I am a little bit confused...

The relaylock line just tells you a connection was made, it doesn't tell you mail was sent. You should see additional lines about that.

I see.. as I am running on a dedicated server box (running exim4 as a mail server) , I checked it, I discovered I had to enable myself SMTP ... default was disabled to avoid potential spam relay....
this brings to me the security issue (SMTP AUTH... and so)

thanks a lot

Back