• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with qmail

C

cteno

I have a rootserver with plesk and after i have updated plesk from 8.0.1 to 8.1.1 and also updated my fedora i have some strange problems with my qmail-demon...

If i send mails then thunderbird connects to the server within a second, but stays in status "connected to XY" for about 30s till status changes to "sending mails"

That problem came with the update and only exists on that server, on the mailacc from my provider thunderbird has normal behaviour, so that it seems that something on my rootie causes this problem...

what i have checked:
spamassassin switched off... problem exists anyway
spf spamprotection switched off ... problem doesnt change
drweb issnt installed so that doesnt cause the problem....

in var/log are no qmail-logs... couldnt find them on my system... maybe i have looked on the wrong place?

So what could i do to get this annoying 30s break away?

there exists ni directory called opt/psa/var/log

i found in /var/log a file called maillog... but its a 0bytefile...

i found out what caused that problem....

qmail was preconfigured with some identd-things... and those things had a 30s timeout, which i switched down to 1s, now everything runs fine...

here s link to a german speaking site which explains it: http://www.huschi.net/5_97_de.html

hehe thx... seems i tried google and the other searches with the wrong keywords ;)

Back