1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with runtask.exe

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by parite, Jul 15, 2008.

1. parite

parite Guest

Good day,

I am having alot of trouble with this problem.

We have a Windows Web Server 2003 with Plesk 8.2, we also have SmarterTickets, SmarterStats and SmarterMail installed, all of which are working fine with Plesk at the moment.

I keep getting the following error in the Plesk Event Log:

I have googled my heart out on this problem, and only found two records of this in previous plesk forums. One suggested I should install the Plesk 8.2.1 update, which I did ( http://kb.swsoft.com/en/2060 ).

The other solution I found ( http://forum.swsoft.com/pda/index.php/t-46017.html ) was to add a specific registry record. I did this and I still have this problem.

The runtask.exe File Version: 8.200.0.0, date created: 7/5/2007

If anybody could tell me why this is happening - or more importantly how to fix this - I will greatly appreciate it.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Hello parite,

What PipeConnectTryCount value you have specified?

3. parite

parite Guest

Hi sergius,

I created HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\PipeConnectTryCount with a value of 100 hexidecimal.

4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please try to raise the PipeConnectTryCount to 1000.

5. parite

parite Guest

I have tried this to no avail - it still happens. Please advise?

6. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Did you restart Plesk Management Service? If yes then please contact Plesk support.