• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems migrating from communigate pro 5.1.12

Q

quesse

We tryed to import data from communigate pro version 5.1.12 running in Suse es 10 environment using plesk migration manager:

Server > Migration Manager >

The system does not recognize the right platform (communigate pro) and print the following messages:

Hosting platform/version , sendmail
Load average on the host 0.67 0.75 0.86
Operating system Linux

we select communigate pro (experimental) as platform but when wr try to continue the migration we receive the following message:

Error during dump retrieval

Error during dump file retrieving.
Remote agent failed with the following stderr messages: 15:17:02 INFO FileFinder: pwd resolved to /bin/pwd
15:17:02 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
15:17:02 INFO Migration status reporting initialized.
15:17:02 INFO Status file: /mnt/san/migration/supervisor.18073/dumping-status.xml
15:17:02 INFO FILE storage initialized.
15:17:02 INFO Base directory: /mnt/san/migration/supervisor.18073/
15:17:02 INFO Gzip bundles: yes
15:17:02 INFO Bundle split size: do not split
15:17:02 INFO Work dir: /mnt/san/migration/supervisor.18073
15:17:02 INFO Dump file: /mnt/san/migration/supervisor.18073/dump.xml
15:17:02 INFO Status file:
Can't call method "ListDomains" on an undefined value at /mnt/san/migration/supervisor.18073/Cgp.pl line 2978.

Can anyone help us?
Thanks in advance

I would open a ticket on support of plesk but I wouldn't pay for hear from them that it's impossible: in manual ther isn't the word experimental for this tool of migration.
Another thing is that I have buyed plesk 6 month ago but they sent it to a wronfg email address.
Two weeks ago I received finally the license and they say to me that I have to pay the support????
They are very crazy!
Thanks

Whit this action the plesk company prove a behavior unbelievable.
Novell start 30 days of support from date of activation and not from date of purchase. So you use support when you use software and not when you purchase.
In plesk company, if (same in my situation) you don't receive the license of plesk you couldn't use 30 days of support for free...and when active the license and encounter a problem you have to pay for it.
Ok, the policy of Novell and Plesk could be different, but reasonably if a customer
of Plesk don't receive the key of license (for any motivation) start the same the 30 day of support but youi could not use it because don't have else the product active.
So, if there is any type of problem sending license key using email, in my modest opinion could be a dispensation from standard 30 days of support starting from date of purchase.
Webmaster could you response to me?
Thanks

DV

This issue was solved by developer of swsot (this tool is experimental):
I changed all 'localhost' entrances in /root/migr/Cgp.pl to 'XXX.XXX:XXX:XXX' and now it started to work.
where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address of mail server CG.

after we have encounterde this error:
04:07:04 INFO >Dumping cippalippa mail account
'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode at agent.include.pl line 282, <GEN1164> line 7.

and this error is resolved by deleting user from CG server.

Then we discover that Cgp.pl script don't support crypted password of account, so we have converted all password in clear text.

But now we are again stopped form this error:

Can't call method "_serializeNode" on unblessed reference at XmlNode.pm line 109.

developer of plesk have released a pre-release for me, but it is in testing status, not for production.

In release v8.4 of plesk the migration tool will work fine.

DV

Back