1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems updating license

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mrzottel, May 21, 2007.

  1. mrzottel

    mrzottel Guest

    0
     
    Hello,

    I have some problems with updating my license file. When I try to update it manually in the license manager with "get keys now" (or similar, I have the german version), the center of the screen just turns white.

    In the errorlog, the following lines appear:

    Code:
    Activation request for 'sapp-PPWSE-1' added
    /opt/psa/admin/bin/httpsd: relocation error: /lib/tls/libnss_dns.so.2: symbol __res_maybe_init, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
    Activation request for 'sapp-PPWSE-1' added
    /opt/psa/admin/bin/httpsd: relocation error: /lib/tls/libnss_dns.so.2: symbol __res_maybe_init, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
    
    The system is a debian 3.1 stable. I think those problems started arround the time glibc got updated to 2.3.6...

    Any suggestions?
     
  2. mrzottel

    mrzottel Guest

    0
     
    Ok, I feel quite stupid, answering my own posting just a few minutes after I posted it. But I just solved the problem. As I googled for the problem for quite some time before, I came accross the "restart the webserver" solution. So I did a
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/psa restart
    - without any success. Thus I dropped that solution for me.

    Out of boredom while waiting for an answer here, I stopped the psa service with
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/psa stop
    - and restartet it right away with
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/psa start.
    I guess, this did a _real_ restart of the http daemon - the problem was gone ;)

    Bye
    mrzottel
     
Loading...