• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problems using ppm from plesk 6.5 installation

A

Al_c_uk

Hi,
I have recently installed Plesk 6.5 however now I have come to install some more perl modules however when executing ppm.bat or ppm3.bat I am returned with the following error -

Error: neither 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ActiveState/PPM//InstallLocation' no
r 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/ActiveState/PPM//InstallLocation' found in registr
y at ppm.bat line 29.

I have considered re-installing ActiveState perl but would rather not as this could cause larger problems with other software. I am running Plesk 6.5 on a windows 2003 standard edition server if anyone else has had problems with this and can point me in the right direction that would be great :)

I am getting the samething when I try to install or use the ppm.bat from a command window.

Also on the program I am trying to setup, It tries to install them for me but when I put the full path to it it doesn't work so I need to do it myself.

It say to use ppm> install whatever I am installing for perl
That does not work getting the error above.
ppm install whateever I am installing

Nada
How can I go about installing some Mdules for Perl the way Plesk had it installed?
Most Control Panels I have used don't move everything in the Program Files > Their Name - Another Folder - Then Perl. lol that funny should of just been c:\perl much easier IMO. ;)

Anyways I am installing/trying to get DBD::MySQL & DBI
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time,
Dubie

not a good thing.........

Just fired up a new server and installed Plesk 6.5 for Windows and what do you know. I am getting the samething on a fresh Windows load and Plesk Install. :rolleyes:

Anyone know what I can do to fix the dang thing?? .:eek:

Thanks for your time,
Dubie

No one knows how to fix this?

Can I just add the dir. install path in the reg. or how can I just reinstall ppm so it will work?

Really need help on this, have some users apps. that will not work with out a ppm being able to install what they need.

Thanks,
Dubie

I posted this on somewhere else and I got this reply:
--------------------------------
It sounds like something about their installation of ActivePerl might be hosed up...
--------------------------------

So I guess my question on fixing this problem is:
Can I reinstall ActivePerl and not mess up anything else that plesk uses?

Thanks,
Dubie

Tried to get some help on this from someone else and nada.
Here is what they wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately even though this seems to be our Perl it has not been installed properly - my best suggestion to you is to contact sw-soft for support on the provided Perl as their installer has likely caused this problem.

best regards,

J. G., Technical Support
ActiveState, a division of Sophos
http://www.activestate.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No one is sure if it can be reinstalled and not effect anything else in Plesk.

So lets hope someone from Plesk can step up and fix this dang thing.Atleast tell all of us if I can restall this dang thing. Need to get it fixed so our users can run their apps that need updated by ppm first.

Thanks,
Dubie

Still no word on if I can reinstall ActiveState and not mess anything up?
Better yet a Plesk fix?

Still waiting...
This alone will end up making me goto a Different control panel.
If their were not ppl that I host that use this, it would not be a big deal. But since I have a few hosted sites that use it its been a BIG pain.
I am hanging in here tho even tho they are saying drop it.
Just want to try and fix this one problem I have.
Everything else work great.

Thanks,
Dubie

Have you tried emailing SW-Soft?

Also, you can install ActivePerl and it shouldn't mess up anything.

But I won't guarantee that. We do hand installs of our perl mods we want installed.

How would I go about installing say DBI to perl with out ppm?
I am also testing the reinstall of ActiveState on another server.
But if you could inlightin me on this, I would much rather do the lighter of the two.

Thanks for your time,
Dubie

Reinstalling the same ActivePerl they used did not fix it.
Installing the newest ActivePerl fixed it, now as far as it messing anything up is still not 100% so far so good.

Peace,
Dubie

Got a reply on an e-mail from Plesk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, ActivePerl 5.8.3 should work as well as 5.8.0 and even better. Plesk does not interact with Perl directly. It just adds perl ISAPI filters to IIS, so Perl reinstallation shold not do any harm to domains configuration, data, etc.
Most probably there was a problem with ISAPI filters. And reinstallation of latest version of Perl refreshed configuration and made appropriative records to ISAPI extensions of IIS.

You can check it in
IIS->Web Sites->(left mouse click)Properties->Home Directory->Configuration.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps someone else that runs into this...

Peace,
Dubie

Back