• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with attachments in Horde in Plesk 7.3

[email protected]

Basic Pleskian
This problem occurs in FC1 in Plesk 7.53 with Horde webmail.

When we send out emails without attachments, it was successful. However, it failed to send out with any composed mail with attachment.

When we attached an attachment of size less than 2MB, there is no problem.

When we send out the email with the attachment, we encountered that the "Page cannot be displayed."

is there any setting that needed to be corrected?

Ng Cher Choon

I have had that problem with Horde in 7.5.2 Reloaded. What I did is to change in my php.ini setting

upload_max_filesize = number of bytes

The default was 2MB. Hope this helps.

Well, I did that changes in pho.ini before I posted up this forum. But it just did not help. Anyway, the attachment is only 1MB and it fails. I am running on the ioncube too.

Small attachments seem to work wonderfully.

im with you on this one. i still cant find a solution that sets the master variable for upload_max_filesize

here the same problem:

plesk 7.5.3 @ FC1, mail attachement > 1MB fails.

in /etc/php.ini:
upload_max_filesize = 8M

anyone with a workaround, and willing to share this info with us ? :)

Regards,

Maurice

Along with the upload_max_filesize, you may want to consider bumping the following values:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
<Files *.php>
SetOutputFilter PHP
SetInputFilter PHP
# max attachment size: 512 kbytes
LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>
(by default, these lines are not in the file, you must add them! Change the value to BIGGER. Had to do this since Plesk 6 and when I used to sell web appliances... :( )

/etc/php.ini
post_max_size = 20M
upload_max_filesize = 20M
memory_limit = -1

(I am lazy, so I set both these values to the same) Setting memory_limit to -1 or to a really big value may also help out. There are posts elsewhere which indicate if it's too small (like 16K default) that IMP will misbehave and attachments fail. I think I set it to 32M or 64M (must be larger than post_max_size and upload_max_size)

See if that helps, too tired to think of any other things I change by habit...

fixed the file attached problem. now download attached problem??

Thks very much james your advice worked perfect for me. I just changed the php.ini file setting and reboot and worked great with file attachement now.

however, when I tried to download the attachement >1M received from another person, I had problem in downloading it.

did u have any experience in fixing this?

thx.
:confused:

You may want to check Outlook's (or whatever mail client) timeout value setting. Also try increasing the php.ini 'max_execution_time' value.

If neither of those help, please provide more details and any specific errors from the mail client and server logs.

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
/var/log/messages

*I was using horde webmail.
*Received an email with attachement 1.6M.
*I clicked on the download icon, it did allow me to download but the file downloaded and saved was 0 bytes?

Will look into the log and get back to u...

thx.

Hmm, that is strange. So it showed the download progress and then ended up as a 0 byte file.

Do you have the Windows Firewall enabled? I seem to recall some other posts where it was suspected as a cause of transfer problems.

Encountered the same problem. Increasing the memory size solved my problem. Maybe you can try.

Back