• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with having duplicate homepage

T

Tequila

Hi everybody,

After site publication, we have two identical homepages (home.html & index.html).

Our first menu item is HOME (home.html) and the rest of site pages link to this page. However, Sitebuilder generates default page automatically (index.html). So, we end up having duplicate homepage.

We would like HOME page to be named index.html, so that every other page could be linked to index.html instead of home.html. This way we would have only one single homepage (index.html), which is a valid default homepage within our shared hosting server. The problem is that Sitebuilder doesn't allow us to enter that name for a page.

We don't have access to Sitebuilder configuration, as we pay for a shared hosting service.

Any advice?

Jorge

Actually, you it is not possible to have different pages with the same name, so in this case you can, for example, use Script module (if it is included into your plan) and add some redirection script for the page so it forwards to index.html. Something like this. Try it.

Dmitry,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Let´s suppose we design a site with the following structure:

Home (page1.tml)
About Me (page2.html)
My Family (page3.html)
Photos (page4.html)
Resume (page5.html)
Favorite Links (page6.html)
Contact Me (page7.html)

Will Sitebuilder always generate an index.html in addition to these seven pages?
Which page does Sitebuilder select for index.html generation?
Can you, as an end user, customize publication?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Jorge

Yes, index page is always generated and always the same as first page on the site. Even if you change pages index file will be regenerated. index page is created so site could be always displayed with index page.

Back