1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Update to 7.5.4

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by FragM.nsn, Nov 17, 2005.

1. FragM.nsn

FragM.nsn Guest

Hi.

I have problems to update our plesk to version 7.5.4.

Version at the moment: 7.5.3
    System: RedHat Enterprise 3.0 (AS/ES)

The plesk autoupdate failure report I received is the following. Is there any possibility to fix it manually?

2. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

Looks like you upgraded mysql from some other source and Plesk's installer is not recognizing that mysql is already at a high enough version.

Try using ART's yum repository to do mysql 4.1 first, which should make Plesk recognize mysql 4.1 is installed.

3. FragM.nsn

FragM.nsn Guest

Hi Shadowman

Thanks for your quick reply. You have to know, that I am not quite familiar with these things. Linux is not my terrain, so I would be very pleased if you can tell me which file I have to take from AtomicRocketTurtle and how I have to proceed with it.

Thanks in advance

4. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    Follow this link to the ART site and go to the bottom of the page. There you will find directions on adding ART's channels to your /etc/yum.conf file. In fact, it's best if you have ONLY Scott's channels. Then it's as easy as

#yum update

It will update everything available, and satisfy dependencies, without breaking Plesk.

http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/

5. FragM.nsn

FragM.nsn Guest

I have done everything as you told me, but i reveiced the following error message. It seems, that there is missing a file which aborts the whole installation.

6. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    Try this - in your /etc/yum.conf file replace '$releasever' with '3ES' and see if that helps.

7. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

The problem is that ART has the header file for that package, but not the .rpm file. At least in that particular directory structure anyways.

8. acidbox

acidbox Guest

9. FragM.nsn

FragM.nsn Guest

Hi again. I received another error message.

The Logfile gives me the following information.

10. FragM.nsn

FragM.nsn Guest

Ok, I solved the problem with fixing the msql installation manual. The Plesk update is working now. :)