1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with upgrading mysql

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by FrankHassani, May 4, 2007.

1. FrankHassani

FrankHassani Guest

Hi,
    I hired 2 administration pros to upgrade my virtual server with php, apache, mysql, but the virtual server won’t work any more when they install the new versions … seems that plesk or virtuozzo or both are making use of the current mysql version and needs to be re-tied with them after installation.

Can someone tell me where I can find the information on what to take care of to be able to make upgrades under plesk / virtuozzo

Best regards,
    Frank

*** Current setup and upgrade plan :
    * Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core

* Operating system Linux 2.6.9-022stab078.21-enterprise fedora core 4

* Plesk V8.1.1 (they say it is fully mysql comatible now)

* Web Server Apache V 2.0.5.4 updated to V2.4

* php V 5.0.4 update to V5.2

* MySQL V 4.1.1.4 update to V5

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Ive just released rpms for both on my site. Id recommend upgrading from FC4 too, as it was EOL'd back in october.

3. FrankHassani

FrankHassani Guest

... can u step by step me with this ?

Would be great !

Frank

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

5. siren@

siren@ Guest

For the OS you will have to talk to your VPS Provider. I would recommend moving to something such as CentOS so you don't have to worry about updating often.