1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

protect directory whit htaccess

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dopey, Oct 20, 2006.

1. dopey

dopey Guest

Hi,

I'm new to plesk and i need to password protect a few directory's on my server. But it dont work. I have search what the problem can be. And find something that i need to set Allowoverride All in httpd.conf. But i'm not sure i have to set in there because there is nothing to find for a vhost.

I think i can set it in the vhost.conf but then i have to enable it for every website by hand. Is there a way to enable Allowoverride All server wide ?

Also i dont know exactaly how i most set it in the vhost.conf.

2. loopy

loopy Guest

Hi,

you know that this can be directly done in your PleskCP?

>>Home >>Directories >>Add new Directory

3. dopey

dopey Guest

I know but i have read that is not realy good. Because there are why's to pass te login and pasword...

4. dopey

dopey Guest

How that works for a subdomain ?

5. Schaeppa

Schaeppa Guest

I have the same question: How does it work in subdomains?

Greez
    Schaeppa

6. loopy

loopy Guest

At the moment I only have the idea of using .htaccess.

Maybe someone else? :)

7. Schaeppa

Schaeppa Guest

I've spoken with my hoster. He told me that the missing of this function is a bug in the software. It will be solved in one of the next versions.

Greez
    Schaeppa