• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Protected Directories Error

K

knocx

- Each Users Protected Directories tab displays all the other users defined for other domains server wide!
even if the user does not belongs to that domain holder.

also when i try to remove a user i get this

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\prtdir_usr_edit.php3:19 psaerror(string "Protected Directory ID is undefined.")

i believe there is an inconsistency in the DB

anyone has any idea?

knocx

password protection does not work

My password protection does not function at all.

If you create a new directory for password protection within plesk the directory is not created nor the user.

This was the case in 7.5.2 and 7.5.3

Was functioning fine in plesk 7 for windows.

:mad:

Wierd! Mine get created in 7.5.2 but they are not protected when accessed via the web. The only way I can get them protected is to manually restart Apache. It seems as if the apache restart interval is doing bugger all - even if I make it 5 seconds

Originally posted by knocx
- Each Users Protected Directories tab displays all the other users defined for other domains server wide!
even if the user does not belongs to that domain holder.

also when i try to remove a user i get this

0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\prtdir_usr_edit.php3:19 psaerror(string "Protected Directory ID is undefined.")

i believe there is an inconsistency in the DB

anyone has any idea?

knocx

I have same problem! Anybody knows how to remove these users from protected status?

Recently I contacted sw-soft regarding this issue and they promised to fix it in 7.5.4 version.
As workaround you can login to myssql on 8306 port go to psa database , table "pd_users"(or protected_users - i forgot) and delete all users with pd_id=0.

until this fix how do I make a directory password protected.

I tried creating the standard .htaccess and .htpasswd files but then I get an Auth Error when I try and hit that directory. It doesnt even prompt for a user/pass

Help.

same problem with us....

now i tried to connect to the mysql db, but i can't... then i had a look at "server/database" on the plesk panel, an saw that the mysql db is not running. i tried some combinations of passwords and usernams but can't get a connection.

can anybody tell me which settings there have to be?

i currently have:

Servername * "localhost" : "Port"
Administrator-Login * "admin"
Administratorpassword ******

What's the Problem. Do i Have to run
MySQLInstanceConfig.exe after installing Plesk? don't think so!!!

Saludos
Pat

how to login to mysql psa DB on windows box

Pat.

No you don't have to do that at all.

The PSA DB runs under a different port number on the windows server. It's actuall on port 8306.

To access the DB you need to change to your install directory for plesk and get into the mysql bin directory in a command window.

C:\Program Files\Swsoft\Mysql\bin

then run the following:

mysql -P8306 -uadmin -p

It will then ask for your plesk password and off you go.

use psa

Cheers.

Hi knocx,

many thanks! this helped and it works now!
do you also have knowledge about asp.net errors like this one:?

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

or anybody else? Mainly this error rises when i try to access databases or do System.IO operations! But strangely not in every script, i can't find any "screw" in plesk where i could manage this. I also tried to give "full" permissions in IIS directly but nothing helped.

Saludos
Pat

ASP.net errors

Try this:

Re-Configure Dot-Net by running the following command which will fix the permissions which may have been changed during the Hardening Process:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis -i
(Must be run from the above directory)

Cheers

--overworked --

hi webbit,

sorry this didn't help! i am getting the same error again. i have read, that it has to do something with the CAS level. But when i try to change it with Plesk, it overwrites my whole web.config for the domain, and then :NET throws an error like this:

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 13: <allow users="*" />
Line 14: </authorization>
Line 15: <trust level="Minimal" />
Line 16: </system.web>
Line 17: </location>

This is somehow standard with .net framework. i now found out that it has to do with System.Data.OleDb and Odbc and other classes, they require the Highest permission.

So normally when i don't state anything in the web.config the permission status is set to "FULL", but i think PLESK is blocking this and don't know how to change this!

Anybody with the same problems?

Saludos
Pat

Well now finally i have the solution. YOu have add "<trust level="Full" />" into the web.config than everything should run fine.

Plus all permissions in Plesk should be changed to allowed for every user, if you want to make FileIO!

But though all this changes my .dll's still don't run as they should and throw errors.

Pat

Back