• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA 7.5.2=>7.5.3 FreeBSD 4.9 Problems and Resolutions

V

voodoochile

Here are the things I've run into with the new version of PSA and how I resolved them. All of these ihese issues occured on all of my hosting boxes.

1. Downloaded file is not the most current, I needed to install the 7.5.3 hotpatch via the GUI installer :(

1. Webmail was broke on. Fix: httpd includes needed updating. Did this by running /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng –a , Give it awhile, then restart httpd after 5-10 mins to be on the safe side.

2. Tomcat install corrupts the server.xml file and loses all psa-* directories in /usr/local/psa/tomcat4. You can see this in effect when you try to enable/suspend a domain using a .war file, you'll get a funky error about XML Tags in the server.xml file. THIS IS BAD if people actually use it. Fix: Restored server.xml and psa-* directories from backup. ]

3. I had PassivePorts options set in the /usr/local/psa/etc/ftpd/proftpd.conf file, this was overwriten. Fix: Readded. Caveat: This happened for my qmail custom configs too. PSA: PLEASE DIFF THE CONFIG FILES, then patch. PLEASE PLEASE.

4. Spamassassin doesn't fire off correctly after the upgrade. just issue a /usr/local/psa/rc.d/psa-spamassassin restart and you're golden.

That really seems to be it. It was a farily clean upgrade and much better than the ones in the past. Good job guys. :)

I pretty much noticed the same thing.

I can't install the hotfix because I'm on 4.10 and the autoinstaller complains about it :(

*sigh*

why the hell wouldn't they post the hotfix so I could just download it and apply it like all the others?

and nice job of moving to Horde 3.0 and not even compiling domxml into PHP/apache! sheesh!

Kevin,

There's a fix for the 4.10 thin on these forums somewhere, I believe someone made a shell script that echoed a modified 'uname -a' line with 4.9-RELEASE instead of 4.10 and replaced the uname binary with this script.

=)

Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in

"-v")
echo "FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Tue May 10 15:45:13 CEST 2005 [email][email protected][/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/servername"
;;
"-a")
echo "FreeBSD servername 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0: Tue May 10 15:45:13 CEST 2005 [email][email protected][/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVERNAAM i386"
;;
"-s")
echo "FreeBSD"
;;
esac

Save it as a file called 'uname', then chmod +x it. Copy your old 'uname' in /sbin/ to like uname.backup and replace it with this. Do your upgrade, then swap 'em back.

Originally posted by voodoochile
Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in

"-v")
echo "FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Tue May 10 15:45:13 CEST 2005 [email][email protected][/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/servername"
;;
"-a")
echo "FreeBSD servername 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0: Tue May 10 15:45:13 CEST 2005 [email][email protected][/email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVERNAAM i386"
;;
"-s")
echo "FreeBSD"
;;
esac

Save it as a file called 'uname', then chmod +x it. Copy your old 'uname' in /sbin/ to like uname.backup and replace it with this. Do your upgrade, then swap 'em back.

That didn't work for me but here's what I did that made the Updater work.

1. mv /usr/bin/uname /usr/bin/uname-4.10
2. put the following into /usr/bin/uname:
#!/bin/csh

/usr/bin/uname-4.10 $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 | /usr/bin/awk '{ sub(/4.10/, "4.9"); print }'
3. chmod 0755 /usr/bin/uname
4. Done!

On my 4.10 system, uname was in /usr/bin/ . I think uname might be in a different place on some systems. So adjust the above accordingly to your system.

Im testing this update/grade in our "crash test dummie" machine.. in this way I don´t have backups :(

There is some other way to restore que Tomcat configs ?? some Ideia ??

The production machine is a bit older :)

Tia

If you tar up your tomcat4/ directory, youll be able to recreate the psa-* dirs after the upgrade.

Otherwise, it just deletes them. (PLZ TO BE FIXING THIS BUG SW-SOFT, KTHX).

This is the problem.....is too late.. :(

can you tar you tomcat4/ dir ?? and i download ?

Tia

dr-xr-x--- 2 root tomcat4 512 Jul 5 08:22 psa-users
dr-xr-xr-x 4 root wheel 512 Jul 5 08:22 psa-wars
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Jul 5 08:22 psa-webapps

Those are the three dirs that need to be created, the problem is that inside of those directories are subdirectories named after the domain with the java app, i.e.
/usr/local/psa/tomcat4/psa-wheel/domain.com.

Inside of those are files created by the control panel when you add Tomcat to an account, and they upload content.

There *might* be some way to pull it out of a psadump, although I've never had to do anything simliar, so I couldn't say for sure.

Sorry. =(

Back