• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-logrotate lack in Ubuntu 7.10

D

DanilS

Hello colleagues!

My server is under Ubuntu 7.10 operation system. As I realized, there is no psa-logrotate component in my Plesk 8.6 installation! Why? Could anybody advice how should I configure log files rotation in this case?

Thank you!

There are should be own Plesk logrotation system like:

/usr/local/psa/logrotate/sbin/logrotate
/usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d
/usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf

It is incuded to psa package.
Do you have it there?

Yes I have files mentioned but also I see 'component is not installed' in 'Server - Components' menu of the Panel. I tried to configure log rotation of some domain in the panel but it does not work. My hoster told me that this feature is not included in the installation.

Now I've configured log rotation through standard debian logrotate tool, but it would be more correct to use Plesk for this if possible. Can you advice something?

Danil,

Really, there wasn't release separate package psa-logrotate for ubuntu and debian systems. This functionality was implemented to psa package. Therefore you can't see psa-logrotate in installed component list. It was released in next Plesk versions.
But what do you mean that logrotation doesn't work for domain? I have created test container based on ubuntu 7.10 and installed Plesk 8.6.0 there. Logrotation works fine for created test domain.

Dear Igor! I mean exactly what i said: after I configure log rotation in several different ways for specific domain nothing happens! Logs remain the same.

Back