• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA Qmail - SMTP Problem Urgent !!

E

energylevel

Inexpicably this morning the Qmail SMTP service seems to have stopped working, I havenlt done any upgrades or chnaged anything so it was a bit of a suprise ! .... When I atempt to start the service via the Plesk adnmin CP it doesn't start, when i try a server reboot it doesn't start then either .. can anyone suggest the best course of action please ... I'm in a bit of a desperate situation !! ....

Plesk 8.1
Cent OS 4.4

This is downright eerie. Same exact setup and apparently Qmail-send died sometime yesterday afternoon (took some time for control panel to even notice). Still looking for a cause.

EDIT: Neither file exists on my machine

Try disabling your MAPS zones. That seems to fix the problem and allow Qmail to restart

I think at least of the RBLs I have listed are not resolving ...

Hi,

Had this error on a dozen servers, our popular (..) sorbs lists have gone offline. Remove from MAPS in (server > mail) or check /etc/inetd.conf on FreeBSD.

Good luck! :D

I had the same problem.

The ORDB.ORG RBL end his service.

Just remove the ordb.org rbl from MAPS, o solve the problem.

worked but....

this worked for me too but i was using sbl.spamhaus.org

I would like to use MAPS but seems i cant? Anyone have a fix for MAPS stopping qmail?

Back