• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail error exiting with LF problem

J

jwdick

I have recently noticed ( just yesterday and today ) the following in my maillog:

qmail-queue: drweb-qmail[23876]: possible qmail-smtpd exited by timeout, reset connection or with "See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html."

I have done a search and see that the error is caused by a LF error in a mail client. How can I track which user is doing this or otherwise correct this error?

Thanks

Originally posted by jwdick
I have done a search and see that the error is caused by a LF error in a mail client. How can I track which user is doing this or otherwise correct this error?

I actually think you can't stop this - it's more likely to be a result of spammers trying to send spam.

I see this a lot in my log-files and, well, until now - I've just ignored it.

Thanks for the reply Whistler. I believe you may be right about the spammers hitting my box from outside.

As of this afternoon, I am getting these entries every 4 minutes.

At present I only have 15 domains on my box and I personally know all of the clients. I don't believe it is any of them sending out spam.

Hello,

The spamming maynot be done by any of your client but some else knowing the mail details for the domains must be trying this, to stop this you can suggest all the 15 clients to change the password for all the e-mail accounts under their domain.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,
System Administrator.
Bandurao.

An excellent idea Bandurao.

I will ask my clients to change their email passwords. Hopefully that will stop this abuse.

Jack

Back