• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail fails to start

S

swgatl

This is what I get when I go into the service management and attempt to start qmail. Any help?

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by mailmng: mailmng: Service qmail failed to start System error 2: No such file or directory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:169
psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by mailmng: mailmng: Service qmail failed to start System error 2: No such file or directory')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:30
require(string '/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/plesk.php:18

try to re-install qmail, the error is showing that there's a file missing.

How would I do that? Can you give me the commands? This is a FedoraCore 4 system.

Thanks

rpm -e psa-qmail --nodeps
cd /path/to/plesk/extracted/tarball/
rpm -Uvh base/psa-qmail-8.0.0*

>>Thank you Cranky.

How did you get your name "Cranky" you are one of the more knowledgeble people on this forum and also one of the most helpful. These being typically mutually exclusive traits.

My mailman is working but I wanted to shout out a thanks for all the help you have given to members of this forum.

Thanks for the post, this did the trick, you can also use the Plesk updater and update 'Base packages of Plesk' after running the rpm -e command with same result.

I tried this without any luck...anything i should look for that may fix this?

when you restart qmail through plesk or ssh does it return an error?

Originally posted by rviradia
when you restart qmail through plesk or ssh does it return an error?

Yes....
In Plesk:
ERROR: PleskFatalException
Create shortcutCreate shortcut
Up LevelUp Level
Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by mailmng: mailmng: Service qmail failed to start System error 2: No such file or directory

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:169
psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by mailmng: mailmng: Service qmail failed to start System error 2: No such file or directory')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:30

Is SSH:(/etc/init.d/qmail start
Starting qmail: [FAILED]

I had the same error, please try again;

via shell;

then run plesk updater to reinstall qmail

Hi,

When running the rpm-command I'm getting the following error:

error: "psa-qmail" specifies multiple packages

Can someone tell me wher to look for these packages?

Thanks

Gerald

Have the same error

Don't know what i did, but i reinstalled it :)

Cranky, you are really great. But please always explain full paths paths for beginners like me. I successfully removed qmail but i was not aware with Plesk paths of "cd /path/to/plesk/extracted/tarball/"

But i tried plesk updater and its worked.

Many many thanks, God bless you

Am having same problem after qmail decided to die after a botched Updater process.

As suggested I did:

First I got:

So I did :

rpm -e --force psa-qmail --nodeps

and got:

rpm: only installation, upgrading, rmsource and rmspec may be forced

Is there any way I can get this working without resorting to paid support?

I'm this close to getting the hosting provider to reinstall from scratch because this should not be happening. Updater processes should not kill services. Aren't these processes tested before being rolled out? This was a fresh 8.0.0 install on a FC4 machine so I decided to make sure I had the latest version before I setup the rest. I should have just left it as it was.

Originally posted by Cranky
cd /path/to/plesk/extracted/tarball/
rpm -Uvh base/psa-qmail-8.0.0*

Pure genius :D

Saved me burning the midnight oil!

Could you give any advice on where the qmail tarball might be located or where to download it from? Bit of a newbie so I would need the full command to do this. Thanks!

How do you reinstall Qmail : I checked in the updater and the Base package of Plesk 9.2.2 is up to date. I can't install anything else.

I don't know where I can find it on the server to do it in shell as suggested. Where is the "/path/to/plesk/extracted/tarball/"?

Thanks for your help,
Celia

Back