• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail is not configured for Non-Delivery-Reports (bounces)

T

tfanabe

Good morning,

I use Plesk 8.4 on OpenSuse 10.1 x64.
I have many problems with my Qmail because the server appears to be into many black lists backscatter.
Backscatterer said to me that the server should be configured to provide Non-Deliver Reports (bounces) to local users only but not all other people for not create an abuse.
I would like to know how turn off NDR in the qmail server in order to go out of black lists.

Thanking in advance and sorry for my english.

Pellegrini Giuliano

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have set "Switch on" for "Mail to nonexistent user" to Reject but after press OK button I see that this option is not enable and is select the default option "Bounce with message".
Is a bug of plesk 8.4?

I don't understand where is the problem...I believe you that is running on 8.4 but with my plesk isn't impossible to save the "Reject" option.
This is my complete procedure:

1. I use the Group operations on domains for all my domains
2. In the Preferences section I change the option "Do not change" in "Switch on" for "Mail to nonexistent user" and I check the "Reject" option.
3. I press the OK button for save the option.
4. I re-open the Group operations on domain and the "Reject" option in not able but the only option able is the default "Bounce with message".

What is wrong in my procedure?
Is possible to change this option for Linux command line?
I don't know the file that save this option.

Thanking in advance and sorry for my english.

Giuliano

Does it work when you try to change this setting for a single domain instead of using group operations?

I have find that every single domain has the "Reject" option able but If I try to write a mail to non exist account, in the reply failure notice there is a copy of mail and so the server isn't ok for Non Delivery report.........

I have forget that on the plesk 8.4 is installed 4psa Spam Guardian and so is possible that this software disable the "Reject" function?

Back