• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMAIL problem getting mail

D

dvdpa

HI

Since I upgraded to 7.5.4 from 7.5.1 Qmail stops placing mail
into boxes, but it will sendmail. I have had this happen about every 10 days and a reboot clears it.

Any ideas whats up?

Thanks

Chuck Wall
RHEL3

Same problem here

I have exactly the same problem having upgraded from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 on Fedora Core 2.

Any ideas / help would be much appreciated. In the time being a reboot also has solved the problem for me but I fear it will reoccur...

We are also having trouble with our two email servers on RHEL3. Qmail is queueing random email and not delivering them, while it will deliver others. The addresses are find and the email is not bouncing back, it just gets stuck in the queue. Many customers are now complaining that they are losing business orders which are filled through email, and I have to solve this quick.

I know that they were having challenges with Watch Dog, and a lot of users found that the module was shutting down their email processes (this I experienced first hand). That however is not the only problem, as I am facing a similar problem to yours.

Does anyone know where the log files for the stop/start of a module exists? Is there something we can monitor at a glance and remotely to determine whether a process is having challenges besides using Watch Dog?

The problem has so far stopped since I stopped watchdog from watching qmail services

Chuck

I think our problem was a full tmp partition, but removing watchdog also help.

I don't know if this will help or not, but if you are using MAPS, try disabling this service. After too much confusion, I found that MAPS was responsible for my lack of email delivery. The IP's were not listed in any of the query systems, but they still created a queue of sorts and would not deliver.

Once I removed the service, email began being delivered again normally. :)

Zevo - which MAPS servers were you using?

blackholes.us has been offline and un-resolvable for sometime (since about end of August ?)

jamesyeeoc - Currently my MAPS server list is as follows (all on one line mind you):

spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
rhsbl.sorbs.net;
cbl.abuseat.org;
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org;
bl.spamcop.net

I have not determined which one specifically or in tandem is/are giving me fits yet. Once the queue is cleared out again, I'll do a little more research.

As a quick test, I tried looking up (resolving) any DNS records for the following and got no records at all:

spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net;
http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;

The others in your list resolve (and seem to respond) properly...

I have tried several other 4th level domains which sorbs.net lists on their site and also get no resolution. This might be part of the problem....

Back