• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail que has over 300 messages waiting to get sent...

D

dico

Hello there,

On our Plesk VPS server our qmail seems to que up mail and not deliver it.

My microsoft outlook will appear to be checking the POP account, however it never finds any mail.

When i look on the server there are 100s of messages waiting to be delievered to the various pop accounts on the box.

As a result the we'll go hours without getting emails. Is there a way to get qmail to deliver these messages? if so what exactly to I type to get it to do so?

Thanks,

-dr

Does it eventually deliver the mail or not? If it never delivers the mail then you may want to take a look at queue-fix (check qmail.org).

You may also want to take a peek in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog (assuming Plesk is installed there) to see if there is any hints to what is happening.

I email the support people and they do "something" although they never tell me what it is and eventually the mail starts coming in --- slowly, and much of it has been removed from the que (by the support people) I believe

Check to see if your qmail-send application is running (use one of these: ps aux |grep qmail-send, netstat -na |grep :25, /sbin/service qmail status). If it isn't, thats why those queue's aren't moving.

This used to happen from time to time with me. If you're using anything to interface with the qmail-queue, it's possible that is causing a problem, esp. if you're removing files from the queue with it... (I.e. using webmin to remove e-mails from qmail-queue can cause qmail-send to fail).

Hope this helps you.
-John

Back