• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail, SMTP connection (#4.4.1)

A

authomark

We purchased Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded and have encountered a problem with sending out emails. While it does appear to send emails internally. Example : Our website is able to send me a system message. However I cannot sned any emails via outlook or webmail. I have serach and read a number of threads which apear to be similar but would really like to know if someone has a clear understand of what is wrong and how to fix it.

Error Message
<[email protected]> (<--Example)
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

My emails where working before I installed my verisign SSL certificate. Is this somehow related?

Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Our site is set to go live December 12th and obviously being able to send an receive emails is very important.

Thanks
Glenn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also just to note. Qmail does not stop and seems to be running.

Originally posted by authomark
Error Message
<[email protected]> (<--Example)
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

My emails where working before I installed my verisign SSL certificate. Is this somehow related?
The error could be from your server either being denied from the other server, or that it was unable to connect on port 25 to the other server.

Login to the server via SSH and see if you can telnet to port 25 of the other server and get a response.

Try pinging the other server.

Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 25

port 25 appears to be open. Still not working.

Does Plesk even look at these forums and provide any tips or clues. I am not the only one with the same issue.

Thanks
Glenn

Originally posted by authomark
port 25 appears to be open. Still not working.

Does Plesk even look at these forums and provide any tips or clues. I am not the only one with the same issue.

Thanks
Glenn
No, Plesk staff does not monitor these forums. They host the forums as a client self-help forum. Did you try the other steps in my post? Telnet to the other server? Ping the other server?

Back