• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail-smtpd problem

D

diadem.support

Hi all,

We are having a problem in our mail server running qmail integrated with Plesk8.0.1. Some time multiple qmail-smtpd process are running (15-25) and server load is high 15-41 due to which mail delivery is getting hanged and we need to reboot the server to overcome the situation. We are using Clamav and spamassassin for our server. Can any one help me out...

Thanks In Advance....

Originally posted by diadem.support
Hi all,

We are having a problem in our mail server running qmail integrated with Plesk8.0.1. Some time multiple qmail-smtpd process are running (15-25) and server load is high 15-41 due to which mail delivery is getting hanged and we need to reboot the server to overcome the situation. We are using Clamav and spamassassin for our server. Can any one help me out...

Thanks In Advance....
Hi. Did you ever find a resolution for this problem? I am having the exact same thing (see my post in 8.1 troubleshooting). I've come across others who had the problem too, but no solutions anywhere....

Thanks!
-G

Heh, no need to be a smart&ss about it.

The guy was just trying to help...

Whats in your log file? Are you seeing anything in the system logs or mail logs that might indicate what the problem is?

Start there and maybe someone has an answer.

J

Originally posted by DCNet_James
Heh, no need to be a smart&ss about it.

The guy was just trying to help...

Whats in your log file? Are you seeing anything in the system logs or mail logs that might indicate what the problem is?

Start there and maybe someone has an answer.

J
I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Folks just don't read threads very carefully sometimes.

There was nothing out of the ordinary in the log files. That was one of the things that made it such a tough problem to track. Read the thread linked above and you'll see the solution that someone posted for me. Made sense and worked like a charm.

Originally posted by gnosis
I wasn't trying to be a smartass. Folks just don't read threads very carefully sometimes.

I read the thread carefully enough that I thought the answers in one thread could help you here. But you are right, I did not notice that you were a cross poster, which is rude, but I will notice next time and I will not bother you with trying to help.

Personally, I appreciate anyone when they take time out of their busy day to reply to a question of mine whether they can give any help or not. But I won't waste your time again.

I think people are a little too quick to judge on the internet. Sheesh. I did appreciate your attempt to help, which is why I bothered to reply at all. My reply was meant to be humorous, hence the "heh".

Haven't you ever said something and then had your friend say, "er...I just said that"? Did you get all pissed about it, or did you laugh it off?

Further, I simply replied to this thread to ask if the original poster had found a solution. I do not consider that cross posting and I think most other forum members would agree.

This can only be solved by *A FIGHT TO THE DEATH*

I'll wager $10 on the newcomer.

how to solve this??
i already set concurrent very low... 5 only.. qmail, imapd use very high cpu, 2 of my server running freebsd facing the problem right now..

could anyone help!!

Same issue here... and it's killing our server!! I need to resolve this ASAP.

I see no files in /var/qmail/control for concurrency... I followed all other steps in the thread that was linked...

Do you have the files /var/qmail/control/dh512.pem and /var/qmail/control/dh1024.pem? If not, you need to copy them from the existing certs:
cp /var/qmail/control/dhparam512.pem /var/qmail/control/dh512.pem

and

cp /var/qmail/control/dhparam1024.pem /var/qmail/control/dh1024.pem

Then restart qmail

It worked, but I had to restart the entire server... restarting qmail alone didn't do the trick.

weird, it worked by restarting qmail for me. Glad to hear you got it working now.

Thanks gnosis

I have checked twice it relay working fine thanq for this great help. :D

Back