• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail, Spamassassin, MAPS, and SURBL

N

NightStorm

I want to use SURBL scanning of incoming messages to properly detect spam. Does anyone know of a decent Plesk-based how-to on how I can intigrate multi.surbl.org into my qmail or Spamassassin? Will entering multi.surbl.org in my MAPS settings work, or is there some code hacking involved?

All you have to do is to drop the uribl file into either the /etc/mail spamassassin directory or into /usr/share/spamassassin. Then do this to test it:

# spamassassin -D --lint

This will run a test for the configuration. If there are any problems it will tell you at the end.

See? Now that's what I was looking for. :)
Thanks. All the sites I was finding seems to be under the assumption that the people working on the stuff already knew everything about it. I'm more of the hardware and web side of things, personally... email always just annoys me (one more way for someone to harrass me).
Returning one error:
[32476] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for more information

This is the only thing I can find in the output that could be "the error". Any ideas?

no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O: /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

That could be the issue, try deleting the new cf file (save a copy) and run the test again.

Are you using Plesk's spamassassin or ART's?

ART's. sw-soft is slow to update, slower to support, and their build tried to slaughter my server... when it wasn't busy randomly dying, that is.

I agree, I use ART's Gamera as my email gateway and it rocks. You can update the rules yourself, I use rules-du-jour.

On that error, do a locate for bayes_tok. You may have to set the path differently in qmail-scanner-que.pl. Mine is found in /var/qmail/.spamassassin

Seems that what happened was it "forgot" all the learning it had done... all 30,000+ messages. *sigh*
It's in the process of re-learning the spam database now... then I get to start on the ham database. Then perhaps things will be back to normal.
It was doing so good too... I should have never messed with it.

Back