1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

QMail statistics for my Plesk server ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by fgilain, Jan 23, 2006.

1. fgilain

fgilain Guest

Hi all,

I use Plesk under RHEL3 and i'd like to have statistics concerning sent/received/delayed/stopped by spamassassin mails..and general stats concerning my mail system load...

did someone already plugged it to a Plesk server config ?

PS : would be cool to have a "mrtg like" graph giving me all of this

NB : i already have isoqlog but it's really minimal informations...

thanks a lot

Florent

2. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    A small qmail manager is included in Power Toys, but not so much as you want.

3. fgilain

fgilain Guest

I just have looked at theses addons, and one seem to feet one of my other problems ;-))

=> "Domain Alias"

Does that mean that if i have many domain name, i can just create mailboxes on 1 domain (main one) and people wiil be able to reach the good mailbox by using :

user1@domain.com or user1@domain_secondary.com or user1@myotherdomainname.com ?

thanks.

Ps : how does this works ? will this work with Plesk futur updates ?

Florent

4. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Domain alias is working only for domain alias, not for mail alias :-(( For that you can use 4PSA solution.
    We upgrade the software if something is happening in new versions.

5. fgilain

fgilain Guest

i found a tool named qmailmrtg7 that work half, i suppose Plesk's qmail installation doesn't use multilog format for log files ? and that's why few graphs don't work for me...

6. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    Yep the question still remains if it's possible to use multilog so that we can use nice MRTG features for Qmail.

7. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    * bump * two years later.

I would like to know how to monitor Qmail using SNMP. I need to be informed if my mail queue is over a certain amount of users. I already have a front-end for SNMP (PRTG) but I cannot find solid information on Qmail and SNMP. The problem appears Qmail with Plesk does not support Multilog but instead supports Syslog which means the standard SNMP tools for Qmail do not work.