• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question about game server

W

whitebox

ok i have CS game server installed in module but everytime when click to setup server it ask me for a license.
ok my question is where do i get that license and how do i install it.
second question is what if i want to install other game servers how do i go about that.
i have plesk 7.5.3 with red hat 9.0
thanks

It is just an addon that you can get from
SWsoft and other resellers. I haven't used it myself but the license would come with the purchase.

If you happen to be using a server solution from GoDaddy, they have it included in some packages... but they don't actually install it unless you ask them to. Hope this helps a bit.

that is what i am using package from godaddy. so you think i should ask them to install that or should i just get newer from sw-soft and install it myself.
but then again question is how do i apply that license ?

Originally posted by whitebox
second question is what if i want to install other game servers how do i go about that.
[/B]

AFAIU, game server integration (and any other service integration) in Plesk requires special code. So, if you're brave, you can write 'module' for Plesk containing all the necessary screens, code and scripts. Modules API is documented somewhere at official documentation.

Maybe there already are other existing modules for integration with other game servers, but I'm unsure about this.

Originally posted by whitebox
but then again question is how do i apply that license ?

AFAIR the permission to use game server is contained in license key, so you should obtain license key with game server functionality enabled and install it.

Well, if you don't really need it. I wouldn't sweat it... but if you want it... AND if you purchased the Plesk Pro Pack... you will need to send in a help ticket to the GoDaddy techs to install the license. One of them told me that they didn't automatically do it...

Once you get the key; click on the cs game module and it will install itself right then and there. You'll need a steam account.

It takes up about 2 gigs I think. After I upgraded from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 the cs game server stopped working :eek: So I uninstalled it!

It's a piece of junk anyway ;)

-poke

Back