1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Does Expand 1.1 work with the new 7.5.4 Plesk for Windows?

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by Raven001, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Raven001

Raven001 Guest

The changelog says that the PleskAgent has been updated to work with Plesk... but are Expand 1.1 and Plesk-Windows 7.5.4 really compatible?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Tyler

2. Atlas Internet

Atlas Internet Guest

Hello

Hello

I have a Expand 1.1 and a server in widnows 7.5.4 but expand generates de error:

<add>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>1102</errcode>
    <errtext>[XML] Cannot parse packet - invalid XML or DOM error. Error at file 'xmlPacket', line 2, column 116: Unknown element 'PLUS'.</errtext>
    </result>
    </add>

Are compatible expand 1.1 with plesk 7.5.4 ¿?

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

I don't think it's supported yet, but should be in an upcoming patch.

4. EnterpriseIT

EnterpriseIT Guest

Plesk 7.5.4 for Windows is now supported with expand 1.1.1 and from my conversation with their team in the USA the windows box also support expand managing the DNS on the dedicated dns servers as well as mail is now supported on dedicated mail etc. Please confirm this with their team by calling your sales rep etc, but I've been confirmed twice that this is so, we will be testing it late next week.

5. back

back Guest

I don't use centralised DNS, but the team in the USA is wrong about mail. If I attempt to assign a Windows server to centralised mail server, I get the following error. This is on Expand 1.1.2-9 and a brand new installation of Plesk 7.5.4 fully patched up (I wanted to test this properly before responding)

ACTION LOG:
    --------------
    Oct 12 2005 15:29:53 MailSrvOp[:28155] DEBUG: Operator object created.
    Oct 12 2005 15:29:53 MailSrvOp[:28155] DEBUG: Assign mail server data function called.
    Oct 12 2005 15:29:53 MailSrvOp[:28155] INFO: Exiting with no error set.
    Oct 12 2005 15:29:53 MailSrvOp[:28155] DEBUG: Operator object destroyed.

ACTION ERROR:
    --------------
    General failure:
    [Operator] Unsupported version of Plesk. Plesk for Windows is supported since version 7.5.6 only

6. EnterpriseIT

EnterpriseIT Guest

Have you got the new version of expand working? I've had plesk managing dns for windows previously, it works a treat. I'm now running expand 1.1.2 and it's fixed a lot of bugs in the solution. I have contacted the developers by email to ask if windows is supported.

I will be testing this upon receiving my updated expand keys as I now have 2 linux boxes with plesk, 2 windows boxes with plesk a seperate expand server, two dns servers and a central mail server all functioning.

I have not yet added the windows servers into expand. Again. will do this upon receiving my new keys from expand licensing

7. EnterpriseIT

EnterpriseIT Guest

To Further my discussions with you guy's. I've been in contact with the dev & support team and I have the following to report

-------------------------------------------------
    Begin Email between Support & Myself

Hello Jarrod,

Question: When I add them will the dns1 and dns2 control the dns for them?
    Answer: Yes, you can assign windows plesk servers to Central DNS server.

Question: When I add them will the mailserver (redhat) control the mail for those servers?
    Answer: No, here's excerpt from Expand 1.1.2 release notes (ftp://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Expand/rel112/expand-release-notes.txt):

- The Centralized Mail option is not available for Plesk for Windows (expected in Plesk for Windows 7.5.6)

End Email between Support & Myself

In summary. No Mail won't work with Plesk for Windows untill version 7.5.6

I pray they hurry the heck up as their sales team is telling people it's availble now. :)

Cheers Guy's