• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Questions about upgrading software on virtual dedicated server.

C

clintanderson

Does anyone know if Plesk 7.5 supports RedHat fedora core 4? Before I populate my server with sites I wanted to upgrade all the software to the latest levels. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? and if I already have fedora core 2 plesk installed if i upgrade to core 3 or 4 with the O/S will it screw up my whole server or just plesk?

One other question I have is, Is it possible to do a LAMP install on a virtual server and use it with plesk? and if so, is there a LAMP that uses fedora?

Thanks,
Clint

So far nobody has tackled this question (probably because it's sticky) and I've wondered myself as I'm running FC2 and have been curious to go to FC3.

Currently only FC3 is supported and even that was a recent addition to 7.5.4 so it will probably be 8.0 before we see FC4 support.

I don't understand your virtual LAMP question. LAMP stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. FC is Linux and it includes the other 3 so FC is LAMP by definition.

Originally posted by Highland
So far nobody has tackled this question (probably because it's sticky) and I've wondered myself as I'm running FC2 and have been curious to go to FC3.

Currently only FC3 is supported and even that was a recent addition to 7.5.4 so it will probably be 8.0 before we see FC4 support.

I don't understand your virtual LAMP question. LAMP stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP. FC is Linux and it includes the other 3 so FC is LAMP by definition.

Highland, I knew that FC is linux and that the other 3 are included with FC 2 but, but it is my unprofessional opinion that they are not up to the latest stable levels or are they? I was wanting to get everything up to the latest levels before I started taking on domains. But if I should not let this hold me back because it will not be a problem later, I am not sure of. If you have an idea on that, please let me know.

Clint

Back