1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Queue Mails Probrem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by omegauser, Feb 15, 2006.

1. omegauser

omegauser Guest

I have queued like 120 mails show in qstat command.

How do I kill them or send them inmeditatly because there are messages stuck in there for 5 days.

Any Ideas?

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    Download and install qmHandle, there are commands to view, send and/or delete emails in the queue.

3. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

I personally wouldn't care about it, it is a losing battle trying to worry about 120 messages in the mail queue. Eventually qmail will flush them out after several days.

4. trec

trec New Pleskian

90%
    I need also to get rid of the queue messages, I do have qhandle and it works for the messages on queue, but right now I have messages on the preprocessed queue and do not know how to get rid of them! (I stopped qmail so they are waiting to be sent)

I know they come from bad sources, they are from a exploit application.

qstat
    messages in queue: 1587
    messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 1614

qhandle -l
    Messages in local queue: 0
    Messages in remote queue: 0

qhandle -R
    Messages in local queue: 0
    Messages in remote queue: 0

since they are "preprocessed" I cannot use qhandle to delete them!

5. wagnerch

wagnerch Guest

You might want to give qmqtool a shot.

6. trec

trec New Pleskian

90%
    thanks, I am trying it now.

I think I find the trick.
    te preprocessed messages was there because I stopped qmail (service qmail stop) to avoid the spam sending. but the malicious script was still running so the messages was recieved on the preprocessed queue.

So I went to the qmail controls and changed to 0 the concurrencylocal and concurrencyremote. Started qmail

qmail start to process messages and move them to the queue but the server doesn't send anything (because the control 0 )

after the preprocessed queue is done, ran a qmhandle -S to delete the spam messages (all of them had the same subject) and deleted all the dangerous messages!

restored the concurrencylocal and remote and restart qmail.

hope it work for someone else.