• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quick help with downgrading mysql 4?

F

fuzzball

Hi,

I was hoping someone could just tell me real quick the process for downgrading mysql from V4. I installed version 4 of mysql on my plesk 7.5.1 server using the RPM's from atomic rocket turtle. And now just discovered there's a small bug that won't allow plesk to add database users if it's running 7.5.1

So obviously I need to downgrade for the time being. Do I just run an RPM -e to go back?

I'm not a complete idiot, don't need total step-by step instructions. I've just never downgraded anything on linux before and I want to make sure I do it right without killing anything. If someone could just outline the basic steps for me, it would be a tremendous help.

Thanks

Ok, I got mysql back to the last version 3, but still getting the errors when I try to add users for a database.

Can anybody tell me how I repair the plesk database so I can add database users? Should I just run the 7.5 update RPM's again? will that recreate or fix the psa database so this stuff will work?

Sorry not to be of any help here, but what bug is this in mysql4? I thought running the mysql_fix_privelidge_tables.sh script fixed all known problems?

Faris.

Good god. I've been searchig forums for days and didn't see anything about that. I must have been searching on the wrong terms.

Can you tell me where to find that script? I need to get this thing fixed soon.

Ok, did some searching on google and found the script. I didn't realize it came with mysql. I thought it was a script someone had written for fixing plesk.

That looks like it took care of it. I can add users again. Thanks for mentioning that. You put an end to a weekend of frustration and frayed nerves. :)

Downloaded the plesk patch files for the version I was running (7.5) and ran just the mysql RPM's. I think there's 2.

rpm --force -Uvh <mysql file names>

Then had to run the shell script mentioned above which is in the mysql directory on the server, and that fixed everything up.

Whew. I'm glad to hear that you hadn't run it (because I would have been very worried) and also that you have solved the problem.

Yes, there are so many posts on some topics (like this one) that it is easy to get lost and/or miss the actual solution to the problem.

Anyway, if you upgrade to mysql4 again, running this script should solve any problems you might have with adding users and in fact almost anything else too.

Faris.

Back