• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quick question - How do I roll-back Plesk RPMs?

D

DeanW

I had a database error when upgrading between 6.0.2 and 7.5.2, but the RPMs were all installed... so the system doesn't work.

I need to install 6.0.2 fresh and restore my psabackup.

Is this as simple as rpm -e psa7.5.2* rpm and installing psa6.0.2 again, then restore?

Thanks

This might help..... I take no responability.... Make sure you bust out the old 6.x rpms... Hope this helps.......

As desirable as an automated rollback of RPMs is, RPM has not supported this option until recently. To be fair, RPM has supported downgrading a set of packages. For instance, if you upgraded some RPM foo-1-1 to the version foo-1-2, you could use the --oldpackage switch with the rpm command to downgrade to a previous version; like this:

# rpm -Uvh --oldpackage foo-1-1.i386.rpm
Preparing... ################# [100%]
Upgrading...
1:foo ################# [100%]

Got it sorted now. Uninstalled all PSA RPMs and did a fresh install of 6, restored my backup. Still failing on upgrade to 7.5.2 though..

Thanks for the tips.

what OS you using? All you are getting is a database error when you upgrade, but everything else works fine??

-poke

Hi there!

try to upgrade the server to Plesk 7 first and then continue with Plesk 7.1 Reloaded and 7.5 Reloaded in order. This way is much safer..

Back