• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quota exceeding warning

M

mreine

I am a customer with Godaddy using their virtual dedicated hosting. Plesk 7.5.2

My customers are getting Quota exceeding warnings in their mailbox even though every single domain and email has unlimited space set. I went with unlimited to avoid any possible issues like this while getting everything setup. Why would any mailbox EVER go over a quota of UNLIMITED?

Can anyone help me fix this?

> Warning!
>
> Your mailbox quota was exceeded. All messages to your address will be
> rejected.
> Please, free space in the mailbox or contact server administrator.
>
> This message is automatically generated, please do not reply to it.

Since you're using virtual dedicated hosting... are you sure your assigned diskspace by GoDaddy isn't running full?

That was one of my first thoughts, but I've checked and it's not and never has run full.

Perhaps people are not retrieving their e-mails, but instead keeping them stored on the server. My clients tend to do that alot (use a mail client damnit!). Is your maildir dir not running full, or do you have a quota set on that (unknowingly perhaps) ?

It shouldn't matter though how many they have in their mailbox since everything is set to unlimited right?

I only know about the mailbox setting and I have no idea what the maildir dir quota is you are refering to, can you give me some direction as to where to look and check?

Thanks

I am having the same problem. Everythng is set to unlimited but my mailboxes reject any mail size 5 meg+

Well, it's not any of that reybie. Every limit, quota, etc.. is set to unlimited. It's not a domain quota error, it's an email quota error. Even emails that are 5k are being rejected and the sender being told the mailbox was full. It's completely random, I have yet to see any kind of pattern.

Somebody - please help to address this problem! The same thing is happenning to me - unlimited quotas, but still getting the "quota exceeded" mails!

All Limits (domain and mail) are set to unlimited - and my clients are threatening to cancel their accounts!

Sorry, I meant:

cat /proc/user_beancounters

Does this work?

Is this a Virtuozzo VPS? You can check via:

df -h

If this says "vzfs" then it is.

Ahh, sorry I'm confused. I was completely misreading this thread.

Try the following:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

Once that completes see if your mailboxes are still showing as full.

Ok... just to clarify - I havent set any limits - and the mailbox utilization is pretty low - but my clients still (randomly, it seems - get mails about met quotas)

Is there a report in Plesk that shows you exactly what is being added together to compute these quotas?

I'm so confused - this is why I set the limits to "unlimited" in the first place!!!

That doesn't matter, still run mchk and see if that fixes this. It will regenerate your Qmail configuration files from the Plesk database.

# /usr/local/psa/asmin/sbin/mchk -v
Segmentation fault

That doesn't look good...

When I just try 'mchk' it gives me 3 different options: --without-spam, --with-spam, --spam-only.

Should I try --with-spam? This is a live server - I don't want to mess anything up

Segmentation faults aren't good. If you have a support contract with SWsoft I'd recommend asking them to look into it as this could be caused by a huge number of issues.

Back