• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ram Overload in VPS

• Thread starter ÖzgürY
  • Start date
Ã

ÖzgürY

I used plesk 8.6 in my 512 ram used VPS. Even if i make nothing, plesk showed 375 MB ram used.
How can i decrease this? My VPS just now installed.

For decreasing memory consumption you can just stop unnecessary services.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is normal. the OS in the VPS, apache, mysql, spamassassin, qmail, all sorts of things use memory (and disk space, though not so much if the VPS is Virtuozzo).

The thing is, 512Mb is perfectly OK for a VPS running Plesk with quite a few domains. You'll need at least 1Mb for 300+ domains if they are active though. And the more you have the better.

Faris.

How can i ? I don't really know plesk. Can you make suggestion for non-important services?

Just go to Server -> Services management and look at started services there. Of course you shouldn't stop Apache and mail related services. But if you have something like Coldfusion, Java, Postgresql, etc. and you dont use it - you can stop it there. Also if you do not use Spamassassin or DrWeb for mail scanning, for example, you can stop it too.

Back