1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Image Question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JnascECSI, Sep 3, 2008.

1. JnascECSI

JnascECSI New Pleskian

73%
    I currently have a Dedicated Plesk 8.6 Server running Fedora Core 4 and need to Re-image the Server to a Centos 5.2 Plesk 8.6 Box.

My question is what's the Best way to do this in regards to backing up the existing Plesk Server and all domains and then reloading them into the Re-imaged Centos 5.2 Plesk 8.6 Install?

And what problems could i run into that i need to beware of?

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

if possible try moving to a new server so both are stood up at the same time - otherwise look at the backup command line stuff (its in the server admin docs) to create a backup, move it some where else that you can later mount, then import your backup back into the replacement server