1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Reboot

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ferrisr, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

My peslk 7.5 server (rh 9) just randomly rebooted. It is a 1and1 dedicated server. Any logs i can check to see why it would have rebooted? It was up almost 60 days, then bam, rebooted.

2. pimpmedia

pimpmedia Guest

I think you can find it in /var/log/messages

3. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

all i see is

Apr 19 17:43:32 bafserv authpsa: IMAP connect from @ [193.11.222.179]
    Apr 19 17:51:08 bafserv syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
    Apr 19 17:51:08 bafserv syslog: syslogd startup succeeded
    Apr 19 17:51:08 bafserv kernel: klogd 1.4.1, log source = /proc/kmsg started.

4. jimroe

jimroe Guest

The message log, unfortunately does not always show what went wrong - and in your case it appears that it doesn't. The reasons this might be are multiple:

A hardware error could have halted the CPU and no more logging was possible

A disk error could have preventing writing any more data to the message log

A kernel panic could have halted the OS and left the server in a state where no more logging was possible.

These aren't typically easy problems to solve, and unless you get useful information in the message log it's all the more difficult to find the problem.

5. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

hmm, it happened last time the uptime approached 60 days too... So basically there is nothing I can do?

6. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

in addition to the reboot problem, backup of domains doesnt work:

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5 . /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 8.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/DB.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/DB.pm line 8.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/CommonFunc.pm line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/CommonFunc.pm line 11.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/bin/psadump line 81.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/bin/psadump line 81.

7. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Reinstall psa-bu RPM.

Do you mean the server randomly reboots every 60 days? Or is that just an approximation?

8. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

approx 60 days. It had a 50-something day uptime, just like last time.

How do i reinstall that RPM?

9. Cranky

Cranky Guest

You'll probably have a directory at /root/psa/ or similar - psa-bu RPM will be within here somewhere. Find it and run rpm -Uvh psa-bu* --force

10. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

didnt help.

11. Cranky

Cranky Guest

How did you install Plesk on the server?

12. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

plesk 7.1 came preinstalled by 1and1. I upgraded to 7.5 via the upgrade thing in plesk.

13. Cranky

Cranky Guest

What is the output of:

ll -R /root/psa/
    cat /etc/redhat-release

...?

14. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

the output is huge

15. Cranky

Cranky Guest

You'll have to provide more detail if you want any help at all.

16. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

17. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Try:

rpm -Uvh /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/bu/*.rpm --force

18. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

didnt work. It installed a bunch of perl libs over again, still getting:

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5 . /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i686-linux-ld /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 8.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/DB.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/DB.pm line 8.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/CommonFunc.pm line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/PSA/CommonFunc.pm line 11.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/psa/bin/psadump line 81.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/psa/bin/psadump line 81.

bafserv bu # rpm -Uvh /root/psa/PSA_7.5.2/rpm_RedHat_9/opt/bu/*.rpm --force
    Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
    1:perl-Compress-Zlib ########################################### [ 20%]
    2:perl-IO-Zlib ########################################### [ 40%]
    3:perl-MIME-Lite ########################################### [ 60%]
    4:perl-IO-Ftp ########################################### [ 80%]
    5:psa-bu ########################################### [100%]
    Generate public/private keys pair for server ...
    domain_bu: Server's keys pair already exists
    domain_bu: Server's keys pair already exists
    Server keys generating done

before it didnt do all that perl stuff, just the psa-bu

Now, why doe sit have to kill the domain when I back it up, and can i make it show a different page when it is down due to backup (right now it goes to the default page, which goes to a website not configured page)?

19. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Are you saying it does work now? But it stops your domains as it backs them up?

If so, use the --nostop --nostop-domain flags.

20. ferrisr

ferrisr Guest

it still gets the same errors. THe domain stopping thing was a side note